• softly

"Is it alright
To feel this way so early?"

- 𝙨𝙤𝙛𝙩𝙡𝙮, 𝙗𝙤𝙬𝙞𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙖𝙣

___________________________________

ten months after potential •

Timothée

Everything had been spinning lately. All my feelings for Bowie never faded in the whole time i've known her. I got so jealous about her talking to Luca again that i distanced myself from her. We used to be so close until she stopped reaching out. I missed her late night calls and all our chats about everything happening in our lives. I have been in love with her since i first met her but shes never loved me. Coming to that realisation was hard and painful.

I rekindled my relationship with Mia just to get Bowie off my mind and distract myself from her but it didn't work. Every time i'm with Mia in EVERY way i'm always just thinking about Bowie and how i wish it was her with me instead.

i decided that day to do something that i hadn't done in a very long time. Go and see Bowie in her studio. I knew she was there cause she spends majority of her time there since we finished filming Almost Famous. I did the usual and got us burritos and made my way down the music street to her record label. I felt a strong sense of déjà vu from when we first ever met and it made me feel happy. I wish i could go back to that time and sweep her up off her feet and tell my past self that it doesn't matter that she just got out of a relationship. The only thing that mattered was time and i was running out with her.

Bowie

It was a Wednesday morning and i was running through a song idea with jack. I didn't tell him what it was about but he could tell it was a love song.

The past few days had been rough for me. I realised that i was deeply in love with my best friend Timothée Chalamet and there was nothing i could do about it. I had only known him for ten months as a friend and i loved him. I was ashamed to love him it wasn't right. He had a girlfriend and he was happy. Truely happy.

The pressure of my fans and writing these songs for the past couple of months has been too much on me. Some days i didn't move and felt like disappearing. Just to get away from my responsibility and my chasing feelings.

When i would see Timmy my whole world would light up again. He would hold me in an embrace and all i could think about was how it was never enough. I didn't mean to get so close to him but i couldn't help it at all. He was my everything, i would do anything for him.

As i sang the lyrics choppily to Jack and he sat there excited and nodding his head the whole time. These were my deepest secrets and i was ready to expose them to the world.

"bowie it's really good" I smiled at him and rubbed my arm for comfort. "what do you want to call it?"

i looked down at the lyrics i had scribbled in my booklet and searched for a word to stick out to me.

"softly" I smiled up at him. Jack nodded his head and wrote it down in his own booklet.

"you had another song idea right?" he asked staring at me

"yeah, but i can't call it what i want to call it" He looked at me in confusion and i laughed at him.

𝙄𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙢

7 minutes ago

🤍💬➡️
Bowie.caspian
progresssss

tagged: @jackantonoff
liked by conangray, nicotheduffer, kia.bailey, tchalamet and 7,038,712 others

view all 4,045,079 comments

conangray so excited
    bowie.caspian hehehhe

username JACK IS WORKING ON HER ALBUM
      username omg it's gonna be so good
          username i'm so excited omg

tchalamet jacky boy
      bowie.caspian the drum master

softy- written by bowie caspian