• white flag

"Grown apart and we're so far gone
But I'm waving the white flag"

- 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙛𝙡𝙖𝙜, 𝙗𝙤𝙬𝙞𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙖𝙣

___________________________________

• nine months after potential •

After feeling deflated for the past couple of months i decided i needed to work on some songs for my own sake. Writing just seemed to calm me and get all my emotions out so that i didn't implode on myself.

I was rereading the lyrics for white flag which was a song i came up with a while back. I remember telling Timmy about it and him wanting to hear it. The song is about wanting Luca back as my friend cause i missed him.

I think the only true time we got along was four years ago when we first started dating. I wanted that feeling back but i knew luca could never give that to me romantically, that just wasn't who he was. Before we dated we had a pretty strong friendship and the only reason we got together was because we hooked up when we were drunk and didn't know how to move on as just friends. I missed being friends. I missed not being so dependent on just one person.

Timmy was the best friend i've always wanted but it was draining having a crush on him and still trying to keep up the friendship. Every single thing he did made me fall deeper. He was in a loveless relationship and now asked me for advice about it because i was once in that position. All i wanted to tell him was "breakup with her and come to me" but i know that wouldn't go down well. Mia had become a little bit less strict on the amount of time Timmy gets to see me. Now he comes over for dinner sometimes whenever Nico's cooking cause he's the best chef. I always ask Mia to come but she never replies.

rereading the lyrics of white flag i decided it was probably time to make amends with Luca and get my friend back.

I walked into the booth and sung my heart out about how i was exhausted at staying mad at him and was ready to surrender.

white flag - written by bowie caspian