"Deal," He leaned down and pecked my lips then backed away and finally handed me the water, "You done packing?"

I nodded, "Yep. What time's our flight?"

"Whenever," He shrugged. "Jet's ready when we are."

"And you made sure to tell Imani where we're going, right?" I confirmed.

He nodded, "She said to have fun and be safe. See, as long as we tell her, she's fine with it."

I didn't want to leave so suddenly again without telling her since I've already done that a couple of times. I never expected for her to take this much of a liking towards us but when she called me mommy that one time, I should've seen it coming.

When I told Callum about it, he was shocked and happy. We talked about how our relationship with her had grown in a different way than all of the other kids and are willing to keep our options open. But that was before master, before these past few months.

His mind could've changed. He hasn't really mentioned the fact that master had our baby killed and I wasn't going to bring it up right now. I had the time to grieve, he didn't. He was told so suddenly, it was so unexpected on his part.

He needs time, he needs to show me the pain he's feeling so I can attempt to help him. He doesn't know that I hear his cries, he doesn't know that when he stays up all night, I'm right there with him, discreetly shuffling closer, cuddling up to him so that he knows he's not alone.

It was heartbreaking to say the least, wanting to help someone who doesn't feel like they need it. He does, he just doesn't want to admit it, he doesn't want to put the burden of his pain on someone else. He doesn't realize that when he feels pain, I feel it too and vice versa.

We've still got a lot to get through, a lot to learn and I'm determined to get through it together, side by side whether he's the one suffering or I am. Every time, it's going to be him and I, pushing through the highs and lows of what's to come. It's only going to make us stronger, I just need to make him realize that.

Hours later, we were eating lunch together. We insisted that Mary and Rocko join us and finally they gave in. Seeing the both of them sit there felt like deja vu even though I'd never seen it before. It was like they were made to sit here, it was their throne and it didn't belong to anyone else.

It was weird that Mary was simply just a 'maid' and Rocko was a driver. There had to be more to the story, more to what Mary's letting on about what happened between her and Callum's father. But it could also just be me jumping to conclusions.

It's probably nothing.

"Do you guys want snacks for the flight?" Mary asked as me, her and Kara cleared out the table, "I've got some cookies, sandwiches and fries made."

Jordan chuckled, "Sure, Mary." I heard a smack and looked over to where he was rubbing his cheek with a frightened look on his face while Mary looked down at him with a glare. He cleared his throat, "Yes, please, ma'am."

She nodded in approval then strutted off while Callum laughed at the look on Jordan's face. Kara and I shook our heads and smiled. After washing the dishes and getting the bags of food Mary had packed, we were ready to go with Rocko honking his horn.

When we came outside, Callum asked him why he was honking since there wasn't necessarily a certain time we had to be at the airport. Rocko shrugged, "It's just fun. I've seen it in the movies, it gives me a rush."

We all shared a laugh and I turned to Mary one last time who had a gentle smile on her face as she opened her arms for the tenth time, "You be safe, alright? I want a text or call every morning and night and photos of where you are every two hours."