Chapter 14: So Many Questions And No Answers

You awoke to the morning announcement and the today is the day the time limit will expire. You got up and got dressed preparing for what was to come today. Preparing for Tsumugi's plan if no one participated in this killing game. You'd go to the library moments before the time limit expires and help her in the plan and if there's a class trial manipulate it so someone else takes the blame.  

  You walked out the door and figured that Shuichi and Kaede were setting up the plan for the cameras.  As you walked outside you didn't see the others so you figured you would go check the dining hall.  When you got there you saw Ryoma, Rantaro, Angie, Korekiyo, and Kirumi arguing.
"Hey what's going on!?" You yelled and everyone looked at you.
"Oh Y/N perfect timing." Rantaro said scratching his head. "I really don't know what to do. Ryoma started talking crazy."
"All I was doing was making a suggestion." Ryoma shrugged.
"What's that suggestion?" You asked.
"So that more people can survive. Even if it's just one more. If time runs out like this we'll all get annihilated y'know?  The only way to avoid that is to play along with this killing game. So kill me." Ryoma stated closing his eyes.
"What?!" You yelled.

"You're the Ultimate Diplomat. People need you. I don't have anyone to care about. You can leave here and get help and save the others. It seems like a logical strategy." Ryoma shrugged.
"Absolutely not! We're all going to get out of here together. Are you mad?! You may not have a reason to live now but you could find something or someone to live for. Dont just hand your life away." You growled and he looked away.
"But we've just been waiting for the deadline without doing anything to change it." Ryoma countered. "There's no more time left for idealism don't you think?"
  "I'm not being idealistic I just think there's another way!" You yelled.
"Ryoma there's no need for that. I'm going to end this killing game." Rantaro smirked placing his hands on his hips.
"You're going to end this game?" You questioned.

"It's not about outfoxing everyone in this killing game. It's about ending the game itself. That's the real goal. To achieve that goal I'm going to need you Y/N by my side. What do you say?" Rantaro asked and it looked as if despair clouded his face but he was talking as if he had hope and confidence or maybe that confidence is a lie to keep him going.
  "If you want to end this game. I'll help you." You agreed.
"Can you two even accomplish such a feat?" Korekiyo inquired.
"I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't think we could." Rantaro smiled.
"And how will you end it? You understand that the time limit expires tonight yes?" Kirumi confirmed looking at Rantaro with ice cold eyes.

"Haha sorry can't tell you. Actually if I could I wouldn't be having so much trouble. You just have to trust Y/N and I." Rantaro answered.
"You're not going to kill her are you?" Korekiyo asked staring at Rantaro.
"Of course not.  I'm going to end this game not Y/N.  So don't any of you go and do anything unnecessary alright?" Rantaro asked looking at everyone.
"Alright I got it I take back my suggestion. Do what you want. Whether you guys live or die is up to you." Ryoma stated and left the dining hall.
"Geez that Ryoma...I hope I helped calm him down a little." Rantaro shook his head.
"Were you serious about what you said?" You asked.
"Not sure. But we'll try and I don't want to risk anyone interfering so I won't say the plan here." Rantaro stated and then walked out of the dining hall but before he did he slipped you a note.

   "Angie will pray for your strategy success." Angie gleefully smiled. 
"He's a mysterious one that's for sure. Try not to lose your head Y/N." Korekiyo advised.
"Yes be cautious you don't exactly know who to trust and who not to trust in this situation." Kirumi concurred.
"I'll try my best I promise." You promised and then walked out of the dining room.  You looked at the note and it said to go with Kaito's strategy meeting and follow my lead.
   "So Rantaro must have had a suspicion that I'd join him in this then." You murmured to yourself. "Stupid Rantaro just what are you truly planning...?"
     Thinking about everything your heart started to race. You knew the time limit was going to expire soon and being caught up in three things now will prove difficult to manage and keep your story straight but hopefully it won't be an issue.