Chapter 12: NightTime Walks and Late Night Talks

Lost in thought about Rantaro's word the nighttime announcement played snapping you out of your thoughts. As it did the library door opened.
"Y/N are you here?" Shuichi meekly asked.
"Yeah...yeah I'm...here." You replied walking towards him but keeping your eyes on the ground.
"A-Are you okay?" Shuichi asked looking at you his eyes filled with concerned.
"I'm fine." You said brushing it off and not trying to not think about what happened and Shuichi just gave you a concerned look and sighed.
"I won't pry but if you ever want someone to talk to I'm always here." Shuichi said giving you a small smile. "Do you want me to walk you to your room?"
"Yes I'd like that." You giggled and the two of began walking back to the rooms.

"You know I used to love walking and looking at the nature maybe after we all get out of here I can take you to my favorite spot." You said giving Shuichi a hopeful smile.
"Yeah but that relies on us not dying..." Shuichi sighed closing his eyes.
"Yeah you're right...we shouldn't be super optimistic it's very likely we'll die in a couple of days." You frowned and then Shuichi gripped your shoulder causing you to look at him.
"I don't want anything bad to happen to you...so I'll do my best to make sure that we find a way out of this horrible place." Shuichi stared into your eyes with a deep blush on his face and then his eyes got wide. "I mean I don't want anything bad to happen to the others either! So I'm also doing it for them."

"I know Shuichi you don't have to explain and you know what I know you'll succeed. If you ever need my help I'll be here for you. I promise." You vowed and he looked at you as if he was thankful to have you. Thankful that you were by his side thankful to have you as a friend he could rely on. You saw something in Shuichi that intrigued you he's intelligent but not confident in himself he's caring but he's still willing to suspect the people around him to be the mastermind so he isn't that naive. You don't want Shuichi to die you want him to stay alive for whatever reason you couldn't put your finger on it.

"Hey Y/N I've been meaning to ask you what does that necklace symbolize?" Shuichi asked pointing at the raven necklace. You looked at it with a frown on your face and clutched.
"It symbolizes a group that helped me become a diplomat." You answered.
"Like a secret group...or something else?" Shuichi inquired. "Because I think I've seen that symbol before."
"What does a raven symbolize?" You asked.
Shuichi put his finger on his chin. "Umm it's complex it can symbolize an ill omen but also the subtle truth like a mysterious trickster that reminds us to see a slightly different world."
"Exactly thats how I saw the group. An ill omen the cold harsh truth they taught me to see the world differently." You admitted but then closed your eyes and clutched the necklace tighter. "Or maybe...this necklace describes me..." You quietly murmured.

"Hey you're far from an ill omen to me. I'm glad I got to be lucky enough to meet you." Shuichi quickly interjected and you looked at him with a bit of shock.
"Huh? Really?" You asked your E/C eyes wide as you looked into his eyes. Shuichi nodded chuckling.
"Of course you're someone I can trust. Even if I wished we met under different circumstances I'm glad to have gotten the chance to know you I mean at least as well as I do now." Shuichi answered with an awkward laugh. 
As you two got to the courtyard you both looked up and saw the night sky. It looked vast and as you stared up at it you found yourself getting lost in it.

  "Only in  darkness can truly you see the glittering stars." Shuichi murmured.
"It's like a simile for here if you think about it. We're covered in darkness here but the stars are little specks of hope that we find here. It's almost poetic." You explained with a peaceful hum and Shuichi nodded agreeing. 
"I think you're right Y/N." Shuichi concurred grabbing onto his hat.
"Shuichi I got a question.  What do you look like without your hat?" You asked.
"Huh!?" Shuichi gasped taken back by your question. "Wh-What do you mean?"