CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Miguel, go help your sister get ready we are going to be late," Elijah said fixing his tie and straightening his suit. Miguel was dressed in a tuxedo which made him look cute.
   Eliana looked at her reflection and a tear rolled down her cheek as she remembered what her mother used to call her. 'Mi princessa'.
  It had been six months since they were adopted. During their second month they found out that they were officially adopted by Caspian. Gerald was his younger brother and Elijah was his cousin. She had gotten really close to Gerald. He was the one she liked best of the three men. Sometimes she wished he was her father.  
   But she already had a father. Her biological father who they ran from. She regretted running but they didn't like them or want them. Garret made that perfectly clear that night.
   Miguel was beaten and abused while still at the orphanage. Only he knows her true form. She used to show it a lot until the accident. Now she is  just a shell of her former self.
    Miguel entered and sobbing sounds filled the air. Entering he saw Eliana huddled in a corner hugging her knees. Rushing over, he immediately pulled her into a hug.
  "I-l miss her," she sobbed hugging him back.
   " I know. I miss her too but we have to..''
    "Be strong," a voice interrupted.
   Gerald stood leaning against the door way his arms crossed across his chest. He walked over to the twins picking up Eliana and sat on the edge of her bed placing her in his lap.
   "Baby I know it must be hard but you now you have us and your brother will always be there for you. So will we, okay." Eliana looked him in the eyes and nodded her head. She gripped his suit jacket in her hand as she calmed down a bit.
   Gerald came down with Eliana on his hip and Miguel holding his hand.
   'Everything okay?' Caspian mouthed to Gerald who nodded.
   "Okay gang, let's get this show on the road. We all know how your parents can get Caspian."
    An hour later they pulled up to the gates of Caspian's  parents mansion.
   "Wow," the twins said in union.
   "Can we go in uncle Eli?" Miguel asked bouncing in his car seat making Eliana giggle at his antics.
  "Settle down Miguel. We are her to visit my parents. I hope you will like them," Caspian said getting out of the car.
  Miguel was holding Caspian's hand and Eliana was being carried by Gerald. Elijah Walked up and rang the door bell.  Seconds later a young lady opened the door.
   "Young master Caspian. This was your parents are already seated in the living room waiting for you," she stepped aside letting them enter.
  "I still can't get over how the maids all call him 'master Caspian' Elijah snickered.  Gerald smacked him upside the head making Eliana giggle.
  "Nice to know someone enjoys seeing me suffer, cheeky little monkey," he grumbled and snatched her from Gerald's hold.
  "Lij- Elijah," she giggled uncontrollably
  " Say uncle and I'll let you go," he said continuing his assault on her sides.
   "U-Uncle," finally he stopped and let her down.
  Just as he finished tidying his suit an elderly couple appeared at the doorway.
  "Father, mother. Good to see you, Caspian gave them each a hug.
   "Son, good to have you back," his father, Edward smiled at him.
    "I didn't go anywhere, besides it's not like I'm dead.''
    "Stop talking nonsense. Your always out of the house so much that I barely see you. Did you forget that I exist," his mother, Tanya, exclaimed.
  "Please don't over exaggerate mother and also may I ask you to watch your tone," he said looking down at Miguel who was shaking. He turned his gaze to Eliana who was whimpering in Gerald's arms clinging to him.
   Caspian's parents finally took notice of the two children.
   "Well, who are these two cuties?" Tanya cooed.
   Eliana lifted her head to look at her. She wondered who this new woman was. But she seemed kind so she thought she should give her a chance .