~ Chapter Thirty-Four ~

Olivia stared blankly at her doctor as tears threatened to fall and her hands shook in her lap. The urgent care doctor silently passed her patient a few tissues and watched as Olivia melted into a puddle of tears.

"W-what?" Olivia hiccuped through the tears that just wouldn't stop.

"You're pregnant, " the doctor nodded with a bright smile. 

"I-I, " Olivia sniffled.

"Take all the time you need to settle back down, " the doctor smiled, "it's life-changing news after all."

Olivia nodded and hastily wiped her tears with the tissues. It was finally happening, she was going to be a mom and Rafa was going to be a dad, and everything seemed to be slipping into place. Her heart felt like it was beating out of her chest when she left the urgent care, and all the way to Rafael's office she felt like she was going to throw up from excitement.

"Mrs. Barba, how are you?" Carmen questioned, seeing her boss's wife with a smile brighter than it had been in a long time.

"I'm doing well, Carmen, " Olivia smiled impossibly wider, "is the mister in his office?"

"He is, " Carmen smiled, "you can head in, he'll welcome the surprise visit."

"Thank you, Carmen, " Olivia winked, opening her husband's office door.

The creak of the old wood door pulled Rafael from his thoughts, looking up he caught a glimpse of his gorgeous wife sauntering into his office. Her cheeks were rosy and her eyes a little bloodshot, but the smile on her lips contradicted the conclusion that she'd been crying for a bad reason.

"Well hello there beautiful, " he chirped, standing up behind his desk and moving to her side.

"Hi, " Olivia beamed quietly as Rafael captured her lips in a tender kiss.

He pulled apart and cupped her cheek, trying to gauge why her lips were salty but her smile was so bright.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of a midday stop in?"

"Mmm, " Olivia hummed, "I'm here on personal business, Mr. Barba."

"Is that right?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow at her as they made their way to his couch.

"It is, " Olivia smirked.

"Are you going to enlighten me on this personal business or do I have to guess?"

"I'm going to enlighten you, " Olivia smiled, pulling the baggy out of her bag.

"What is this?" Rafael questioned, holding the bag in his hands.

He moved around the contents until he realized the white and blue sticks were pregnancy tests. He furrowed his brow and looked up to his wife who now had a blood test in her hands.

"You're. . .pregnant!" Rafael yelled, his eyes bigger than saucers as he looked over the paperwork and positive tests.

Olivia nodded, swallowing back the happy tears as her husband broke down in front of her. He tossed the tests and paperwork aside before cupping his wife's face for a loving kiss.

"We're having a baby, " Rafael uttered as he pulled back from the kiss.

"We're having a baby, " Olivia whimpered.

Rafael placed his hands on Olivia's midsection on top of the blush pink blouse she wore and just held her there. He ran his fingers over her still flat belly and thought about her becoming swollen with their child over the next several months. He was so excited he was rendered speechless.