~ Chapter Twenty-Four ~

The sun rose over New York and in a tiny town, it began illuminating workers as they started preparations for the Benson-Barba wedding to take place that day. In the countryside, decorations started erupting, turning the gorgeous rustic barn into a scene of blue and peach. Long tables were covered in long light blue table cloths before greenery and tea light mason jar candles were placed between gorgeous centerpieces. 

Outside in the summer sun, the floral arch was placed just in front of a weeping willow. The green of the tree complimented the blue and peach arch. Olivia and Rafael had tastefully put together a wedding in a short amount of time because they just couldn't wait to be married. White chairs were set out in rows with an aisle between them. The aisle where Olivia would walk to her future in several hours.

"Livvie, " Serena cooed lightly, sitting on the edge of her daughter's bed.

"Mhm, " Olivia hummed as her eyes fluttered open.

"Today's the day, my sweet girl, the day you become Mrs. Rafael Barba."

Olivia nodded as a large smile grew on her face, she laid her head in her mother's lap and took in the peaceful moment.

"Mama, " Olivia whispered as Serena played with her hair.

"Yes, my love?" Serena matched Olivia's volume as her daughter starred up with her golden-brown eyes.

"I love you, " Olivia said plainly, but Serena felt every bit of her daughter's love with those three words. "I don't think I said it enough growing up and I certainly don't say it enough now, but I love you. Thank you for raising me into the woman I am today and most of all for making me crazy enough to marry my kindergarten best friend."

"Oh Olivia, " Serena sniffled, "it has been an honor to raise you and shape you into an independent, thoughtful, and stubborn woman, " they laughed together as Olivia sat up to wipe her Mama's tears. "You are the best version of yourself and growing every day. You'll be an amazing wife and when the time comes I know you'll be a fantastic mother."

"Thank you, " Olivia beamed proudly.

"You're welcome, Livvie Belle, but what do we say we get down to the bridal party room and get this morning started the right way."

Olivia nodded and stripped off her pajamas. After tugging on a bra, she covered the rest of her bare skin with the silk robe she'd had made for her bridal party. Heading downstairs in the gorgeous home they'd rented for the weekend, for the bridal and groom parties to stay in before the wedding, she could hear her fiancés laugh from the other side of the house.

"They've been up for hours, " Debra smiled, pulling her daughter into a hug.

"I know, " Olivia smiled, "They have plans to golf at the private greens before getting ready. Rafael had to convince me that they only needed an hour and a half to get ready before I agreed."

"It'll be good for him, " Lucia shook her head, "otherwise he'd be here trying to steal glimpses of you before the wedding."

"That's bad luck and he knows it, Mamí, " Camellia smiled before hugging Olivia tightly, "thank God you're joining the family, I need another girl around here."

Olivia laughed and finished saying good morning to her party before they all indulge in a light breakfast and mimosas to wake them up. Conversations were bursting with excitement for the event to happen in the hours to come. Everyone from Lucia to Matilda couldn't stop saying the weather was perfect and the day was going to be amazing.

While Olivia and the ladies ate breakfast and cooed over the weather, Rafael and the guys headed out to play 18-holes. He was calm and cool like a cucumber. Not a worry in the world about his impending wedding.