~ Chapter Eleven ~

Olivia was in an unconscious state for two days. Her body had reacted horribly to the mix of Xanax and vodka. When she woke up, she remembered nothing that happened. She was incredibly confused about where she was and why she was there. She went to speak, but words wouldn’t come from her lips. 

“Welcome back, Olivia.” A nurse spoke when she walked into the room. Olivia turned quickly, and started to breathe heavily when she realized she was in a hospital. Whenever she was in the hospital before, something bad had always happened. Now she was wondering what that was.

“Do you know where you are, Olivia?” The nurse questioned as she turned to look at her. Olivia awkwardly touched her throat, and the nurse frowned.

“I’ll get you some water and your doctor. Stay put.”

Olivia got the water and drank as much as she could as she waited for her doctor. She looked at her body for signs of a bullet wound, but instead just found cuts on her arms, legs, and midsection.

“Do you know where you got those?” The doctor asked when he entered the room.

“No… I don’t know why I’m here at all. I didn’t find a bullet hole.” Olivia frowned

“Ms Benson, you weren’t shot at work. Your boyfriend called an ambulance because you overdosed on Xanax and a lot of vodka.”

“Boyfriend? You have gotta be wrong… I don’t think I’d ever do that.”

“Olivia, I worked on you personally. We had to pump your stomach, but the effects were already taking over you. You experienced a seizure, and you crashed in the ambulance on the way here.”

“No. That didn’t happen. Is there someone here for me? I need to hear the truth!”

///

Rafael was the only one that had been there when Olivia collapsed, so he was the one allowed in to see her first. It was only going to be for a few minutes, because then Debra and Serena wanted to get in there and see their daughter.

“Olivia.” Rafael breathed as he came into the room. Olivia looked up quickly, and her eyes went wide when she saw him.

“Rafa? What are you doing here? I haven’t seen you in years!” Olivia exclaimed as she reached out to him.

“What?” Rafael asked.

“We haven’t seen each other since your family left! What are you doing here? Where are my moms?” Olivia asked quickly.

“Uh, I’m here because I was the one to find you… we have been in contact since Regina’s funeral and when I moved back.”

“Regina’s funeral?” Olivia whispered, as a few memories started to flood back. The pain of losing her friend hit her hard once more, along with the memories of Elliot leaving her that were sneaking in.

“Yeah, she passed away.” Rafael frowned. He walked over to her bedside before grabbing her hand gently. He ran his thumb over her knuckles as Olivia fought off tears.

“What happened to cause me to come here?”

“You were… you are in a really bad place. You think that you are broken and that you aren’t deserving of someone to love you. So you sent me away, but I didn’t leave. It is a good thing I didn’t, because you could have died that night. You might have left your mothers with a daughter to mourn, because you couldn’t open up to me.” Rafael whispered, as tears burned his eyes.

“Rafa, I didn’t mean to scare you or anything… I just… I’m really fucking sad.” Olivia breathed. Rafael dropped Olivia’s hand as he stood and nodded.