Chapter 26: Supplies

Start from the beginning

"No see," he said again, a boyish humor to his words. Then he put his hand over my eyes, forcing them closed. "No see."

"Oh, okay. I can close my eyes. What are you doing?"

He moved his hand away, but I kept my eyes closed.

"Like this?"

"Good." And then he swept me up into his arms.

"Thann!" I squawked in surprise and laughed.

He playfully scowled. "No see."

I had opened my eyes. "Oops, sorry." I closed and held my arms around his neck.

And then he was running.

I barely even knew he was. He ran so fluidly, even with me in his arms that mostly a breeze of wind alerted me. Maybe it was like when I rode the back of my boyfriend's motorcycle in high school. Motion yes, but ultimately a smooth ride. I knew I was moving, but it wasn't bouncing.

I tucked myself deeper into Thann's shoulder, snuggling into his warmth.

It was probably a good thing he had me close my eyes. I'm sure it would be like a crazy roller coaster if I opened them and with how I got so motion sick with that other wolf, I'd prefer not to puke on him when he got where he wanted.

After about twenty minutes and the air cooling with the sun finally sliding behind the mountain, he slowed.

"Eyes, no see," he cautioned.

I nodded my agreement, and he placed me down on the ground. His fingers moved to around my eyes.

The ground was squishy under my feet like soft grass. "Can I open yet?"

He moved around to my back and placed a hand over my opposite shoulder. "Yes, see." His husky voice whispered to my ear and fingers pulled away from my eyes.

I opened and let my eyes adjust.

In front of me,

Was my wheelbarrow.

My wheelbarrow.

My Earth things.

I stood stock still taking in the sight.

My bin of emergency supplies.

My bin of collected food.

I couldn't speak.

I couldn't move.

It was there.

All my things.

He had brought me to my things.

It felt like the best gift I'd ever been given.

Thann was watching me with heavy eyes and I hadn't even twitched in a whole minute of staring. "El?" He asked carefully, like I was porcelain.

I finally broke out of the stupor and just nodded.

My eyes started watering, joyful tears holding in my eyes like pools.

When one drop overflowed, I broke loose.

My head dropped to my hands to catch the tears and I bent to a crouch.

My body was heaving with silent tears and suddenly Thann was bent beside me.

His warm hand was held softly at my back. "El. Cry. El hurt? El no happy?"

"No, no no no," I hiccupped. I lifted my head to him and made a wide smile. "Happy. Very happy." I leaned to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, tightening myself to him.