Bad news

It had been a normal day for Liam. He talked to Mason and Corey, he texted the pack back when they called a pack meeting for tonight, and he hung out with Theo. He insisted that Theo would come hang out with him and Mason but he said he needed to get home and arrange some extra work shifts.

He and Mason were in the middle of playing a video game when Liam's phone rang. Liam paused the game and groaned when he saw Stile's name appear on the screen.

"Yeah?" Liam sighed.

"Liam? Liam? You need to come to the hospital."

"Now?" Liam questioned.

"Yes. Yes, right now hurry," Stiles spoke quickly.

"Ok I'll be there. Is it fine if Mason comes?"

"Yeah just get here," Stiles said and hung up.

"Stiles said he needs us at the hospital," Liam turned to Mason.

"Alright let's go," Mason turned the game off.

***
~At the hospital~
"What's going on?" Liam asked Stiles and Scott.

"Liam..." Scott said slowly.

"What? What's wrong?" Liam asked confused.

"He was in a really bad car crash and he's out of surgery now, but he still hasn't waken up. He's hurt really bad, Melissa said he might not survive the night." Stiles placed a comforting hand on Liam's shoulder.

"He who? Who's he? Who was in a car crash?" Liam stammered.

"Theo." Stiles revealed.

Liam felt his heart drop. He felt tears well up in his eyes. He looked at Scott as if asking for him to tell him Stiles is lying. Scott nodded, saying Stiles was telling the truth. He walked closer to his beta brought him into a hug. Liam quickly shoved him away.

"NO! He is not dying! This isn't happening! You're lying to me! You're fucking lying to me!" Liam yelled.

"Liam we're telling the truth," Stiles spoke quietly.

"Shut up Stiles!" Scott saw Liam's control slipping. His claws made an appearance as well as his yellow eyes.

"Liam, the sun, the moon, the truth," Stiles said trying to get Liam to calm down. Stiles knew the mantra didn't work on him anymore. He knew Liam's anchor was Theo now but he might not have Theo anymore, so he had to try something.

"You know that doesn't work!" Liam growled. "My anchor is Theo. He could die today!"

Scott noticed people starting to stare. The three were starting to cause a scene.

Liam's full attention was on Stiles since he was the one who told him Theo might not survive. Liam didn't notice when Scott moved behind him.

"Liam, think about wha—" Stiles was cut off when Liam's body went limp on the floor. Scott stood above him with his fist still up from punching him to knock him out.

"Come on, he won't be out for long. Help me carry him to the back room," Scott looked between Stiles and Mason.

Stiles helped grab Liam as they dragged him out of the lobby.

***
"Wait, wait, wait. Theo was in a car accident? Why hasn't he healed?" Mason questioned once they got to the back room.

"Deaton had a look at him and said it's a different type of wolfsbane that's in his system. One you can't burn out, so it's preventing him from healing," Scott explained.

"So now he's healing super slow, almost as slow as a human," Stiles chimed in.

"And there isn't anything anyone can do?" Mason frowned.

"If he woke up he'd heal a little faster. As of right now we can take his pain, but that's about it," Scott shook his head.

Mason sighed, "This is going to destroy Liam."