Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“ARIA”

“ARIA…wake up”

I slowly open my eyes to see Ezra holding pink and white flowers in his hands. He has a huge grin that stretches across his face like a rubber band being pulled apart to its max. 

“Hey, Happy Birthday!” Ezra exclaims.

I smile instantly at him while he leans down to kiss me.

“You should wake me up like this every morning” I giggle.

“Well, that wouldn’t make it so special” Ezra responds.

I slowly get out of bed still trying to wake up from the peaceful night.

“So, I think that we should go out for a birthday breakfast” Ezra says.

“That would be wonderful” I say while pulling Ezra in for a tight hug. I begin to walk towards the kitchen to get coffee when I spot my phone on the counter.

“Damn” I say.

“What? Is everything okay?” Ezra asks.

“I forgot to tell my parents that I wasn’t coming home last night”

I pull out my phone and quickly text my Mom and Dad.

Hey,

I am so sorry, I was at Emily’s house and totally fell asleep. I was really tired. It won’t happen again.

                                                                                                                -Aria

I wait patiently for a response and get worried after a few minutes. Then my phone beeps.

It’s okay, you were supposed to sleep at your Dad’s last night anyway. Happy Birthday! Maybe, you can stop by later tonight.

                                                                                                                -Mom

I text her back, and instantly feel bad about the message.

I actually can’t tonight, I am hanging out with Ezra. I will come over tomorrow as soon as I can.

                                                                                                                -Aria

I look down at the text, I wish I could see her tonight. I know that she won’t be happy about my decision to stay with Ezra. My Dad soon replies after.

Yeah, it’s fine. I went to bed kind of early and didn’t even realize you were gone. Just remember that we are going to that pizza shop this afternoon to celebrate your birthday.

                                                                                                                -Dad

I throw on some gray sweats and one of Ezra’s old Hollis t-shirt. I don’t really care who sees me today, I just want to be with him. As I brush the last strands of my hair I feel Ezra’s arms wrap around my waist.

“Are you ready, birthday girl?”

I turn around and peck him on his soft lips. I smile and then lean in for a longer and more passionate one.