CHAPTER 15 ~ Facing Thorns

Start from the beginning

"You good, Skypiece?"

"Huh? Oh." Realizing that she's zoned out she looks up to Carter with a forced smile on her face.

"Yes. I'm not hungry, though. May I go?" She looks over to Damien who doesn't seem to show any interest in answering her. Carter notices Sky's disappoint face expression and answers instead.

"Of course."

Just when she is about to get up, she feels Ryan's hand on her thigh pushing her back down forcefully.
She gasps at his roughness, turning her head to see the demanding look that he's giving her.

What does he want from me? Does he want me to stay here?

"Didn't you forget something?" He says and takes her wrist into his hand. Without waiting for her response he brings it up to his lips and harshly drills his fangs into her delicate skin, making her wince in pain.

"Whoa- at the table?" Jaxon exclaims as Ryan sucks the girl's blood. Not trying to fight it she forces herself to swallow down her pain and takes it till he finishes. Surprised by her reaction, Kaiden taps her shoulder to get her attention. She looks at him.

"I apologize for my curiosity but why don't you scream?"

"Oh, haven't y'all heard the news yet?" Jaxon calls out while sipping his orange juice, "She is his now."

"WHAT?!" Carter, Kaiden and Zachary burst out.
Carter's face looks horrified.

"How the hell did someone like YOU convince someone like HER to give herself to... well... SOMEONE LIKE YOU!" Ryan glares at his younger brother and lets go Sky's wrist to wipe the blood off the corner of his lips.

Sky sees this as a sign of her to leave and so she does. Leaving the brothers to themselves at the kitchen table, she decided to walk out to the garden, secretly hoping that Damien would maybe join her. But just when she was about to walk out of the door, she bumps into someone. By looking down at his shoes, she realizes that he is not a young adult like the brothers. This guy is dressed like grown man.
She slowly looks up to him, facing a dangerously handsome looking man.

"Oh hi, daddy." - Carter, 2022.

"Good to see you, sons." The man who is now identified as the vampire's father has his eyes on their prey, irritating her, "So... You must be Ms. Pierce. My name is Drago Savage. What a pleasure to meet you.

The boys look to the door in surprise. They most likely did not expect their father to visit them this early. Sure they knew he'd make an appearance sooner or later but definitely not now.

"Hold up. Your last name is Savage?" Sky tries to hold back her laughter when hearing their last name.

"What's so funny?" She hears Jaxon ask from behind.

"Ah nothing. It's just that I couldn't have picked a better name for y'all." Sky turns back to Drago who examines the little creature in front of him with caution. He starts walking towards her, circling her like a predator. Realizing what he is doing, Sky freezes in her position, making sure that she remains cautious so she is prepared in case he attacks her from behind.

"What a delightful thing you are, aren't you?"

"Thing?" She asks repulsively.