Chapter 26:His Highness(3).

Start from the beginning

Before Giselle could ask what's going on, the doors opened and Adrien entered.

❝Michelle are you-❞ He stopped speaking when his gaze fell on Denise.

His eyes widened.

❝Brother! Immediately apologize to miss Denise for what you've done. ❞Michelle said looking angry at her brother.

Adrien walked in front of Zhia Xiang and touched her cheek with his hand.

❝It's really you... Denise!❞ He desperately called and pulled Zhia Xiang in his arms.

Zhia Xiang stood in his arms with an ugly expression.

❝I see how it is. This bastard regrets being a dick and wants Denise back as his wife? I'll make him regret the day his mother birthed him. ❞ Zhia Xiang thought, feeling a sorrow deep in her heart belonging to the real Denise who was heartbroken when he chose to believe Marie and call her a cheating whore.

Zhia Xiang pushed Adrien away and slapped him. A slap that made the viewers feel the pain on Adrien's cheek.

Adrien touched his cheek and looked at Zhia Xiang.

❝It's alright, I understand. I deserved it. ❞Adrien said and smiled. ❝I learnt the truth and I want to apologize for everything I've done and said. I know my words may be nothing to you, but I sincerely regret not believing in you, my wife. ❞

❝I don't care. ❞ Zhia Xiang coldly said.

Adrien bit his lip as he looked at her like a dog that's been thrown out by his owner.

❝I still love you, Denise. I've made a big mistake, let me make it up to you. I will never do anything to upset you,I swear. ❞

Giselle walked in front of Zhia Xiang and looked at Adrian with resentment.

❝You two, out of my agency, now! ❞ she said harsh.

Adrien continued to look at Denise with pleading eyes. Michelle grabbed her brother with a gloomy expression and dragged him out.

❝Thank you. ❞Zhia Xiang said sighing.

❝No need, I couldn't stand him anymore. The audacity he has. ❞ Giselle said disgusted and returned to her work.

Zhia Xiang went to walk outside.

The siblings stood silent in the carriage. Michelle was sad that Denise doesn't want to be her friend and could only blame her younger brother.

Adrien looked at the floor disappointed.

A few day passed in which Michelle came to convince Zhia Xiang to give her a chance. After nagging and pleading, Zhia Xiang accepted and she was currently sitting on a chair, at the Crandall mansion with Michelle.

❝What are you interested in? ❞ Michelle asked looking at Zhia Xiang.

❝Music. ❞Zhia Xiang replied in concordance with Denise's likes.

❝Really? It's so happens that I love music too, how about next time I invite my favorite musicians? I would love to show them to you. ❞Michelle suggested excited.

Adrien, who was hardly accepted at the table looked at Zhia Xiang like a dog who wants attention from their master, but he knew if he annoys her, she'll leave.

❝Do as you like. ❞Zhia Xiang said.

Adrien took a piece of chocolate cake and placed it in Zhia Xiang's plate hoping she'll not get mad.

Zhia Xiang looked at the cake piece not touching it. Adrien's face turned gloomy.

❝Does Miss Denise dislikes sweets? I can have something else prepared. ❞Michelle said.

❝No need.❞ Zhia Xiang said.

Suddenly, the sounds of loud voiced reached the three ears and the door slammed opened.

❝Adrien! ❞Marie called walking to Adrien who stood up angry.

❝Why are you here? ❞ he asked harsh.

❝I miss you, we have been friends for so many years, can't you forgive me this once? Please, I'm even begging. ❞Marie said falling on her knees.

❝It's because of you, all of this! Leave or I'll be forced to be rough! ❞Adrien threatened.

Zhia Xiang stood up and tilted her head looking Adrien in the eyes with a large, unsettling smile.

Adrien was taken back by her and his blood ran cold.

❝Are you sure she's the only one at fault? Did she forced you to throw me out? Or to insult me? I believe that's your own doing. ❞Zhia Xiang said looking at Adrien like he was a bug.

❝Denise... please, believe me that I regret that. Jealousy got the best of me, those words I said, I never meant any of them! ❞Adrien said.

❝But I mean when I say you disgust me and I wish you the worst. I'll leave first. ❞Zhia Xiang said leaving.

❝Miss Denise... ❞Michelle called, but it was too late. ❝You! Liar, leave this mansion and never come back! ❞Michelle shouted at Marie and left angry.

Guards took Marie by force and threw her out. When Zhia Xiang returned to the agency, Luna announced her that there is an important guest and that madame Giselle wants her there.

Zhia Xiang furrows her eyebrows and went to the meeting room. There, Giselle and a well dressed man stood st the table.

❝You're here. ❞Giselle said a little nervous.

The man who's back was facing Denise turned around and looked her in the eyes.

❝This man is gorgeous what the hell... ❞ Zhia Xiang though as they both looked at each other for a while.