Dream a Little Dream of Me

"AHH"

I jolt up, and look around at my surroundings. I am in my room, and Derek's looking at me like I'm crazy.

"Derek! I'm so sorry for leaving you like that last night, I was a complete idiot!"

Derek just looked puzzled, "What do you mean... we just cuddled and watched a movie together?"

"Huh-"

"We ordered pizza because I accidentally left the meatloaf in the oven too long and we just cuddled on the couch. We watched Jaws together. I also accidentally spilled a two liter jug of sprite all over the floor and you were really mad"

"Oh yea. Haha-"

My mind was putting the pieces together and I soon realized it was all a dream. I wasn't in a car crash, Derek wasn't mad at me, and Cristina and I didn't get drunk. I clutched my chest and let out a sight of relief.

Derek interrupted my thoughts shortly after, "I was trying to wake you up for a solid ten minutes... we have work"

"Oh-" I then realized if it all was a dream, I actually didn't tell Derek about my miscarriage. My dream helped me realize this matter is important to tell him, I don't want my nightmares repeating in real life.

"Meredith"

"Uh- what?"

Derek plopped on the bed, "you've been zoning in and out, are you alright?"

"Yes! I just have to talk to you, preferably after work"

"Okay," Derek then kissed my cheek, "I'm going to head to the hospital now, see you later. Love you."

"Love you too"

After he left I smiled, I feel better today. Better than the previous days and weeks. Less dark and twisty.