"it's 9:00 in the morning." jace speaks refering to magnus cocktail joke.

"Oh, it's happy hour somewhere, my dear." magnus replies back smirking before he pulls me to his chest.

"We invited you here, Magnus, because Hodge can't leave the Institute. He's an important part of this mission." jace explains crossing his feet leaning back on his chair looking at me and magnus.

"Well, then, where is our tardy little tutor? There are certain individuals that I'd like to avoid, so let's make this quick." magnus speaks looking around for hodge.

"Pardon the delay, Magnus. I was following up on a lead." hodge speaks coming out of nowhere magnus tenses up under me making me look at him confused but he simply turns my face away making me look at hodge who is presenting something on a screen.Now, we've narrowed down our list of warlocks to these three." hodge speaks showing three people on the screen.

"Why is Ragnor Fell up there? He's not more powerful than I am." magnus speaks pulling me off his lap sitting me on the table infront of him.

"Well, some would disagree. He is older than you"hodge speaks making magnus shake his head.

"Certainly not wiser." he speaks putting his hands on my thighs as he looks at the pictures on the screen. i glance down at his hands taking note of the way they sit.

"Who is Ragnor Fell?" clary asks looking around at us.

"The former High Warlock of London."jace explains to clary nodding at her.

"And one of my oldest friends. Very prickly, likes to keep to himself." magnus speaks brushing his hands up and down my thighs now making me cough and push them together making him look up at me suprised.

"Okay, look. We just need to figure out which one of these warlocks had enough access to Jocelyn that they could create the potion for her without anyone discovering what they'd done."jace speaks pulling both mine and magnus s attention away from each other.

" By the early '90s, Ragnor was a professor at the Shadowhunter Academy in Idris."magnus explains to everyone looking around at their faces.

"Isn't that when our mother lived there?"clary asks making me turn and look at her.

"did he make the postion for her?"i ask looking at her fronwing.

"The little bugger! That's why he hasn't responded to my fire message." magnus speaks puttin g his hands back on me making me glup looking down at them.

 they rest above my knees one definetly higher than the other

"Ever since Valentine began hunting warlocks, Ragnor's been holed up in his secret country house just outside of London." magnus speaks but my eyes are on his hands as he soeaks he moves them."For all I know, Ragnor suspected my fire message was a ploy by Valentine to lure him out of hiding. We'll have to confront him face-to-face." magnus speaks looking at everyone before he pulls me onto his lap making em grunt and wrap my arms around him.

i hide my blushing face in his shoulder listening to them speak for a moment.

"You're going on this mission?" hodge asks looking at amgnus confused.

"Of course! I'm the only one Ragnor trusts. Besides, I've played my last hand here. Even I know when to fold." magnus speaks refering to alec and the wedding before he spins the chair going to stand up with me in his arms but he sees a blonde and a tall brunnet apraoching,

"Magnus, I didn't know you were here."lydia speaks smiling at him widely. i grunt and pull my face out his shoulder making eeye contact with alec he frowns at my pink and obviosuly flustered face before i look away.

i shuffle in magnus lap turning and looking at lydia.

"That was the point."i tell her rudely making magnus sigh.

"We're just on our way to greet a few representatives of the Clave who arrived early for tomorrow's wedding."lydia speaks glancing at me sat in the warlocks lap ignoring me completely just speaking to magnus."How long are you staying?" she asks looking at him smiling.

 he warps his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him since alec cant seem to take his eyes off us.

"What's going on here? Nobody told me about a meeting." alec speaks harshly looking around as clary and hodge and jace all come to stand next to us.

"Magnus figured out that Ragnor Fell is the warlock who can wake our mom.wer're just bring him back to the instsutite." clary speaks putting a hand on the back of magnus chair.

"How can I help?" alec asks looking around at everyone.

"We're just recovering a warlock, Alec. We got this covered." jace speaks looking at alec.

"Besides, you have emissaries from the Clave to meet." magnus speaks making alec look down at us.

"you dont want to tarnish you fanily perfect image do you?" i ask looking up at him a large pissed off expresson on my face.he looks at me biting the inside of his mouth before he rolls his eyes and walks off.

"again lovely seeing you magnus....gracie." lydia speaks smiling tightly before she turns and walks off following after alec.

" be ready we leave in an hour."jace speaks before he walks off. clary glances at me and magnus before she walks off after him.

i sigh moving to be able to see magnus face, he looks down at me before placing a hand on the side of my face.

"you alright darling?" he asks softly making me press our lips togther softly.pulling away i smile lightly before opening my eyes looking into his.

"now i am." i mutter making him smile.