Her Rainstorm, Their Calamity.

"Not to personally call out on anything in particular but..." Darius waits for Raine to sit down at their table after finishing a few songs. Steve had already arrived at the scene and he was now taking the lead on the stage by singing a customer's request upfront with a song titled...

Airplanes.

"Damn. I don't know if you guys noticed but the songs Raine sang were all about break-ups."

"Don't even go there." Raine sighed, fixing their green hair with one hand while slumping their back on the seat and helping themself with a glass of water to quench their thirst.

"Besides, I can't sing anything else other than the lyrics they gave me." they finished explaining, accidentally gulping a large amount of water down their throat that almost made them choke.

It hasn't even been forty minutes and yet, I almost died.

Raine lets out a few sets of coughs to clear their throat, slamming their fist slightly on their chest.

That was a nightmare. First of all, they hated the fact that they had to sing songs that slapped Raine a hundred more times in their damn face. Second, it felt like they were balancing on a string, hoping that they wouldn't sing out the wrong lyric while trying their hardest to maintain a proper posture without shaking their knees nervously as if they were performing around the cold icebergs of Antarctica.

Luckily after about five break-up songs that they had to sing with their soul, they finally passed the torch to Steve who seems to be enjoying doing a cover of a ridiculous song some teenagers have been singing these days from eleven years ago.

Damn, I love my life.

"You were amazing, Raine."

Odalia, Aldaor, and Darius gave Eda a questioning look but the ginger-haired adult didn't mind, giving the exhausted singer a sweet smile. Raine saw that smile and swore that their heart's rhythm pattern had changed rapidly.

Fuck.

"It's nothing really." a lop-sided smile formed on their lips while scratching the side of their neck shyly. Did it take one compliment for blood to rush up immediately to Raine's cheeks?

It's probably nothing, they thought hastily and shook those thoughts away, hoping that nothing was the case.

———————————————

10:15 PM

The hours passed by quickly like a blur. The conversations they all had were just like before they were innocent and naive teenagers. Every moment Raine had in between the talks and cheers they and their friends had left them feeling quite nostalgic.

Countless hours had passed and they just realized that they were the only ones left standing. In other words, like the proper person that they are, Raine is still sober despite being forced to have a few shots that would turn out to be a problem if they got drunk in the process. Because going home in a drunk state was never a good idea and it's a risky one to even do so. Besides, smart and yet pure little Raine knows their limits and boundaries. Alcohol was one of them when needed.

Thankfully for them, it wasn't the case. Their head didn't feel hazy enough to get crazily affected by the alcohol and they could surely still walk straight once they were all ready to leave. Unfortunately for the stubborn ones (specifically Odalia and Darius), it has been an hour since the two had passed out, snoring loudly with their heads resting on the table from the number of drinks they had and how full their stomachs are.