fifty three

-

"thanks for letting me talk to you."

you and jungkook were outside of the frat house , sitting on the side of the house on some porch. it was a bit dark but one street light illuminated on you both.

"yeah." you clear your throat. "whatsup?" you ask. you sat here awkwardly as if jungkook hadn't been your friend for years.

jungkook takes you by surprise when he softly takes your arm to turn you to him, letting go when you gave him full eye contact. the boy still had doe eyes, his small button nose that lined perfectly with his face, his thin lips, and the small mole that sat under them.

"i wanted to apologize."

it's been months.

"for what i said." he looks at you and you just nod, urging him to continue. "it was terrible, and i didn't mean it. that's not at all how i feel about you ...... and i'm truly sorry, seriously."

you give him a good stare for a bit, thinking back on the exact moment when the words had fell from the boys lips. it hurt you, just thinking about if he honestly had meant it — especially since you were going over that day to tell him how you felt about him.

"how do i know you're not lying?" you turn your body more towards him, drawing you lip in between your teeth. "you were so angry at me that day, saying all types of thing, accusing and—"

"that wasn't me y/n i swear." jungkook slightly frowned. "i don't know what came over me that day— actually i do."

"and what was it?"

"jealousy." he unintentionally grabs your hand. "i was jealous, thinking that namjoon had you and well, i said things i shouldn't have and i didn't mean it."

you look at the boy for a while, looking directly in his eyes to see if he was actually telling the truth.. and well? you felt as if he was.

"i forgive you."