She scoffed, "It's not?"

"It's so hard for us, so hard to keep this to ourselves, but what Lou wants the most is to feel good, be happy... and if I make her happy then I can't let her go."

Nicole opened her mouth like she was going to talk, but then closed it. She looked at my hands, probably noticing that I was playing with my ring, so I stopped doing that for a second.

"Please think about what I just said." I stood up and offered her a small smile, "And cut Sarah some slack, she loves too hard that it hurts her."

I grabbed my purse from Sarah's bed and walked to the door, opening it and leaving the dorm. After I closed the door I had to let go of a breath I was holding, but there was not much relief as I had imagined there would be. Maybe I had stood up too quickly from the bed because I felt a bit dizzy, but resting my back against the door helped me to come back to my senses.

"Done," I whispered to myself and walked through the dorms corridor out of the building. Mentally I checked this visit off my check list and got ready for what Lou would say as soon as I got home. I knew she was gonna want details, she was going to be anxious to hear everything went well, or to just have the smallest moment of relief.

The brown haired was watching an episode of How I met Your Mother on the comfort of my bed, and looked up to me when I opened the door to my bedroom. She paused the TV and practically jumped off bed to greet me.

"Hey," She said, a small sad smile on her lips as she approached. Lou grabbed one of my hands, "You're okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah. I'm good, just overthinking." I let out a nervous dry chuckle.

Lou bit her lower lip with nervousness as well, "Was she angry?"

"No. She was mostly silent. I spoke and she listened. I think she needs time to process what I said." I squeezed Lou's hand and took a step closer to her, to kiss her cheek and then look at her face for a second, "It's so odd how you can make me feel less anxious about this."

"I'm glad I can help with that." Her beautiful blue eyes looked into mine with a hint of joy, which helped with all the anxiety and all the nervousness this day had gotten into me. "Do you think she'll talk to me or to you, when she thinks about this...?"

"Probably you." I told her.

I was so tired that I fell asleep cuddling Lou while she kept watching TV with her head on my lap.

I woke up several hours later, still in my clothes, uncomfortable. I stretched in bed and noticed Lou was still here, sleeping next to me under the covers.

Slowly I stood up from bed and went to the bathroom. I tossed my clothes to the dirty clothing box and stood naked in my bathroom for a second. I drunk some water from the sink and took an Advil for the cramps that I was experiencing.

I put on a shirt quickly and a pair of fresh panties. Back in bed I snuggled close to Lou under the covers, trying to calm down my breathing so I could go back to sleep, but even if I had an immense tiredness I couldn't fall asleep.

I could hear everything, from my own breathing, to the smallest sounds of the nighttime. Crickets, cars passing by, voices from afar, and Lou's calm deep breaths. I could barely make out Lou's face because of the darkness, but I could see from the bit of light coming from the street.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, but it was in vane. I turned and tossed for a while, to the point that I woke the sleeping beauty herself.

"You can't sleep?" Her sleepy voice asked in the middle of the dark.

I sighed, "No. Did I wake you?" I asked concerned, moving closer to her body underneath the covers.

Lou moved towards me as well and rested her forehead against my shoulder, "Yeah, but it's okay. What's on your mind?" Her skin was warm.

"The not being able to sleep," I said, teasing.

Lou yawned, "Just close your eyes and relax."

"I can't!" I said annoyed, "Sorry, I'm just tired and I can't fall asleep..." I apologized for raising my voice. "I can't stop wondering if I screwed up by going to Nicole's, and I don't know why my mom called me before I needed her help a couple days ago. I'm also a bit terrified to go to the doctor and I was supposed to come home to grade some papers but I fell asleep."

"Shh," She soothed me, "You'll have time to grade those papers, don't worry about Nicole. What matters is that I love you, with or without anyone's approval. Your mom was probably thinking of apologizing like she did, Dee. By consequence you ended up seeing her that day, don't think too much."

"I thought I was the older, wiser, more mature person in the relationship." I scoffed.

Lou kissed my shoulder, "I've grown. And I'm glad you woke me up because my dream wasn't pleasant at all."

"Nightmare?" I held her closer to me.

"Yeah. Some sort of big and dark monster chased me and then my teeth fell. It was awful."

I kissed the top of Lou's head, "I'm sorry, baby," I whispered, "Wanna talk about it?"

"Nah, I just want you to go back to sleep. You know I'm worried about you since Thursday. I just want you to go to the doctor soon and get checked out, it could be important." Laura said, sounding less sleepy as time went by.

"You don't have to worry, and I told you that I'm going." I said, my voice a whisper.

"I do anyways." She whispered back.

I closed my eyes but spoke, "How's your mom, you haven't told me about that."

"Ah, she was so happy after going out. I was disappointed you weren't there though." She smiled against the skin of my shoulder and kissed it, "She's been more relaxed, unlike Nicky."

I bit the inside of my cheek, "I'm glad things are better with her, and I'm sorry about Nicole... it is partly my fault." I responded, not wanting to reveal Sarah's secret. I knew that Lou would be mad at me for not telling her, but it wasn't my place.

"Yeah, I don't know. She's been acting weird." Lou sighed, "Stop talking and please sleep. I'll try anything, a bed time story, a song... maybe I can try to massage your shoulders with only one hand."

I smiled, "Just go back to sleep, I will eventually."

"Rest, please." Lou whispered.

"You rest." I kissed the top of her head again and sniffed the scent of her hair, I loved the smell of her hair products and the smell of her itself, "Sweet dreams."

----------

quick update but short chapter... a bummer. LMAO. anyway thank you guys for a total of 2K votes!! That's INSANE! thank you all so much !!!!! :")