Chapter 52 : Apologies

Start from the beginning

Well her good morning wasn't as sweet as it sounded rather her freaking out over how she isn't able to find her notebooks and how her favourite shoes and now no longer her favourite. The day she got to know about the blast, the first thing she did was to yell at 'how she got to know about it 12 hours late' and then next moment she was hugging you telling you how much the news freaked her out.

It was good to have someone in the campus whom you could rely on and share your troubles with and if time comes you were prepared to tell her about your past. The thought of your past made the sweet smile that danced over your face to be replaced by a thin line. Your body suddenly felt anxious as it got reminded of how it's already the dinner time. Taking in a deep breath you gave yourself a cheer up and then exited your room.

However, just when you closed the door of your room behind your back, someone else stepped out of his room from across your corridor too, his eyes now set directly on you. Without giving the boy a single glance you started walking towards to stairs but the grip on your hand made you halt your steps at the hallway interestion.

"We need to talk Eunjae... " His voice was too soft to be true, almost same as the day when he saved you.

"We'll talk downstairs Jungkook, you shouldn't stand for lon-"

"Look at me." He ordered once he noticed how you were still facing the opposite way, your eyes suddenly finding the wall at front most interesting thing right now. "Eunjae..."

You hesitantly turned around, eyes still not meeting his because you were afraid of what they held. As far as his voice portrayed, he wasn't angry, not like he had any reason to be. Will it be pity for what was about to happen to you or guilt for how he behaved with you. You weren't going to accept any of those, if he's only going to accept you for what you had to go through and because of guilt, then you were better on your own.

"Can we talk in our room?" He asked and noticed the hesitant expression that your face wore. "Please Eunjae and others can wait for a while."

Receiving a small nod from you he pulled you by your wrist, which he was holding ever since, towards his room, it being closest to where you both were standing. Reaching his room you admired how beautiful yet different it was from yours. While the walls of your room were drenched in paints of pastels his were more into dark one's. Everything in the room was either black or grey with slight touches of white to set a perfect contrast.

On the end of the room was what you assumed his study area, which held more of gaming equipments than books and a large pc com TV. Behind his bed was unique weird clock that had spikes pointing from around the dial, which surprisingly was smaller than your patience level. If it were not Jungkook's room but Taehyung's or Jimin's then you surely would have made a fun out of the clock.

He cleared his throat to catch your attention and gestured you to take a seat at the bed to which you complied. The air around felt dense by the silence that none of you were ready to break and were praying for the other to say something. You have never felt this uncomfortable with any other of the boys and you wanted nothing more than to leave this room right now, sit downstairs with the one's who knew how to yeet away the awkwardness.

"How's life?" He questioned and you looked up at his with the most judging look ever.

His doe eyes, that you always found adorable, held those onyx orbs which were constantly shaking due to nervousness. The strings of his hoodie that he wore were nail-scrached at the ends after he constantly scratched and pulled them.