Chapter 25: Paige

Last night, I spent the rest of the night talking to Ryder. We talked about seemingly nothing but I learned so much more about him. He talked about his childhood and how he had met Chase. I told him my unusual love of knitting. He didn't laugh and he didn't stare at me like I was a lunatic when I rambled on about it. Soon it became late and I excused myself back to my room. That night, for the first time in weeks, I fell asleep with a smile on my face. I wake up and find a large lump under the blanket. I poke it and it lets out a loud groan. I lift up the blanket to find Ashley. I see her and she stares at me. "What are you doing here?" I asked, giggling. She shoots me a sleepy glare. She yawns and stretches her arms out. "This is my room." She declares and stares at the room in shock. She gasps and jumps out of bed. "Fuck!" She says as I burst out laughing. She starts laughing.

I smiled. "I'm glad it was you. At first, I didn't know what the lump on the bed was." I say, laughing. She grins and we both head downstairs. Ashley stops me and we eavesdrop into the conversation. "Someone looks awfully happy this morning," states Wesley, laughter in his voice as he walks to the dining table. "My mate talked to me and we talked all night," Ryder says, a soft smile on his face. I blush as Ashley scrutinizes my expression. "Paige likes knitting. Isn't that so cute?" He mumbles, playing with his fork. Wesley groans. "We know. We heard you so many times." Wesley complains. I glare at Ashley as she mouths grandma. Damn it, Ryder! Ashley pushes the door open and I follow her inside. Ryder straightens as he sees me. "Morning." Ashley chirps, cheerfully. I see Ryder looking eagerly at him. I shyly wave at him and his cheeks turn pink. Giana grabs my arm and drags me into the kitchen. "Paige, you need to cook breakfast. You know, I can't fucking cook." She states. Wesley chuckles. She shoots him a look and he stops. "But you have good stamina, sweetie." He says, gently. Giana turns bright red at his words. She slaps Wesley's arm with the spatula she had in her hand. "Do not talk about our sex life in front of my cousin. Or you will be celibate for the rest of your goddamn life." She shrieks, making all of us laugh well except for Wesley.

I get started on the eggs and bacon. I smile as I see Wesley trying to get Giana to forgive him. He whispers something in her ear which makes her giggle and nod her head quickly. I see Ashley staring out the window, watching the shirtless pack warriors train. I turn to look at Ryder who is staring at me. I smiled before turning my attention back on the food. I place the food onto the plates and take a seat across from Ryder. "Why are you guys acting like 13-year-olds? Fuck already." Giana bursts out, making my cheeks heat up. Ryder laughs and digs in. Ashley grins widely. "Well, Ryder. I'm sorry but last night, Paige and I had a grand ole time." She announces, making Giana arch an eyebrow. Ryder ignores her and resumes eating his bacon. "Goddess, you really have the softest skin!" She says, to me. I giggled at her compliment. Ryder pauses and narrows his eyes at Ashley. "I slept curled up around her. She was so warm-" Ashley says, teasingly. I hear a clang and I see Ryder storming out. When I tried to follow him, Ashley grabs my wrist. "He just needs to cool off," Wesley says, with a smirk. Giana and I look at each other confused.

"We, Alphas have a great imagination. Especially when it comes to our mates." He says, taking a bite of his eggs. He moans in delight and Giana suddenly faces him. "Did you?" She asks, shocked. He looks at her and says, "I undressed you in my mind as soon as I laid my eyes on you." She gasps. He grins. "Don't tell me you didn't do the same to me. I know you came to watch me train in the mornings." He says, making Giana turn red. Ashley and I laughed at the bewildered expression on her face. "So that's why you started working out, shirtless." She mumbles, making Wesley's cheeks turn pink. He chokes on his food and Giana pats his back. Ashley looks at me than sighs. "God, mates make me so nauseated. Please, Goddess, I don't want to be the fifth wheel for much longer." She says, dramatically. Ashley then pushes me to the door. "Go, I think Ryder's waiting for you." She says I look pointedly at the dishes. She rolls her eyes at me. "The lovebirds and I got it under control, right?" She answers, looking over at Giana. Giana and Wesley break away from their make-out session and nods, looking dazed.

I stepped outside to see Ryder sitting down on the grass. He has a small smile on his lips. He turns his head towards me as I approach him. "I'm sorry. My wolf was having some dirty thoughts. I couldn't get them out of my head." He explains, looking away as the tips of his ears turned red. I smiled. I knew the struggles of having a horny wolf. I sit beside him and he gently looks at me for permission before he laces his fingers through mine. He places our clasped hands on his thigh as we watch little pups crazily running around the fields. I feel his gaze on me and I smiled. As much as I hated to admit it, I was getting less scared. Because the way he looked at me made me feel like we were in this together.