🖤💙True Love Hurts💙🖤

Sumarry••• After MC's death, settling into the life of an angel hasn't gone smooth being separated from their demon family after a human lifetime together. Inspired by the lyrics "They say true love hurts, well this could almost kill me," from the song "The Harold Song" by Kesha. I used a few lines from it in here as well.

Warnings: Angsty for a majority of it (there is a happy ending). Swearing once or twice. Talk of death/dying/sickness. Talk of 'falling.'

gn!mc

"MC?" Simeon calls out as he knocks on their bedroom door in the home they share with Luke

"MC?" Simeon calls out as he knocks on their bedroom door in the home they share with Luke. "We have to talk. Please?"

Receiving no response once again, he sighs and opens the door anyway, revealing MC in bed with their back to him, their white wings ruffled and uncared for.

Silently crossing the room, he sits on the edge of the bed and places a hand on their hip. When they don't react to his touch, he's forced to crawl over them in the bed to see their face.

Their face expressionless but tear-stained. Bags under their eyes from obvious lack of sleep. Only the gentle glow of their halo shining off their face allows him to see some of their features sunken in.

They had been a radiant human in his eyes, and an even more radiant angel when they first arrived. Bright and full of warmth as they'd always been. But over time the raging war inside them became more evident.

They missed the brothers. Their lover specifically. They'd been able to spend their remaining human years in the Devildom at the House of Lamentation by their side, and their time in the Celestial Realm felt like a glaring hole was in their life.

Simeon and Luke tried desperately to keep a smile on their face, but little by little it slipped. Until they barely saw them leave their room anymore. Insisting on staying in their room on their own nearly all hours of the day. Only slipping out to do their required duties before coming home and back into their room.

They left dinner plates outside the door, that more often than not sat untouched. They tried giving them space but it was to no avail.

Then after MC's confrontation with Michael, they'd all but locked themselves away from the world. Refusing to leave for duties, refusing to talk, and refusing to eat.

Simeon had been forced to ask Michael what had happened, finding out MC had requested a visit to the Devildom, and been denied. At the denial they'd snapped and screamed at him before being escorted from the building of the high angels.

He reaches out to gently run a hand through their feathers, pulling out loose ones that he could reach and carefully patting others back into place. "How are you feeling today, hmm?"

"Like I'm living in my own personal hell but evidently I'm in paradise and being rewarded for being a good person in my life," they state flatly, their voice rough and deeper than normal.