Chap 10

POV Ha-Neul

We arrive in front of the restaurant and I see a man who is standing in front of the door with dark glasses and who does not move. Momo lets go of my arm and walks towards the door then opens it, she comes in and beckons me to follow her. This man does not inspire confidence in me and I want to get rid of him as soon as possible.

I step in front of him and he grabs my arms and twists them behind my back. His face comes close to my neck.

???: So aren't we happy to see me again?

When I hear his voice, I freeze in place and my blood freezes. Fear comes over me for some reason. Maybe because I'm afraid to come back to this world and put my life in danger? Maybe because I fear his revenge since I killed his father? His arm wraps around my shoulders and sticks to me to his body, his breath tickles me, his hand lands on my arm and slides along until he catches mine and he squeezes it.

I turn around and he takes off his sunglasses and then I see his gaze. I missed him and I didn't believe I would feel what I feel about him for a man a fourth time. My eyesight blurs with tears and I hug him. I feel him tense but then he wraps his muscular arms around me and relaxes.

I pull away from him and walk into the restaurant, then he follows me with his sunglasses on. I think he doesn't want to be noticed and I'm sure he hardly ever goes out because he's still scared to go out. Momo and I go back to the cabins and we change.

Momo: Ha-Neul you're playing with fire. We're gonna get killed because of you before it's time.

Ha-Neul: No. I'm sure he won't do anything to us.

Momo: But I don't even know who he is?

Ha-Neul: Seoul mafia boss.

Momo: WHAT ?! No, that's not possible. You lost your mind! But what is he doing here ?! I want him to come out now. I don't want to see him here again.

Ha-Neul: Momo! Calm down! He's nice and he doesn't mean any harm to us. Stop shouting like he was going to shoot us down.

Momo: He is going to do it!

Ha-Neul: I'm telling you no!

Momo: I want him to get out. Do you know that if the boys know that they'll kill you?

Ha-Neul: That's why you're going to shut it up and you're not going to tell them that someone came to visit me and that there were only customers like always.

Momo: I think you forgot the cameras.

Ha-Neul: Just shut up and pretend everything is normal.

Momo: Oh my god. I can't believe what is happening.

We go out and I make a coffee and then I walk over to him. I put down his coffee and slip him a piece of paper with my new phone number then I go to the counter, where is Momo with a knife in her hand ready to do battle with him when he tries to hurt us but I know he won't.

Seeing him after these three years does not make me indifferent on the contrary I can feel butterflies moving in my stomach like a teenage girl who meets her new lover and is about to live with him her first love. I feel the feeling of sadness but with a little joy. A feeling that I had forgotten what it looks like for a long time.