Sneak Peek.

Sneak peek.

My head was in turmoil. As a matter of fact, it was spinning. My vision got more blurry by the second. My breathing pattern remained unsteady as my chest rose and fell in an uneven pattern.
Swallowing the lump in my throat that seemed to be forming every few seconds, I tried to speak but nothing came out.

I felt chills running down my spine. A cold sweat broke out on my forehead.
While I was still trying to wrap my head around the chaotic scene in our 4 man room, Joanna let out an ear-splitting scream for the umpteenth time, startling all of us.

"Joanna, stop screaming!" Tricia chided.

Joanna's head snapped towards Tricia's direction. "You're telling me to stop screaming? Are you blind or just plain dumb?!" Joanna spat.

I began to shiver.

Joanna took three bold steps towards Tricia, "you're telling me to stop screaming? Dawn is lying in a pool of her blood in our room with a suicide note on the bed and a dagger in her hand and you're telling me not to scream?"

Tricia heaved a sigh, "I -"

Joanna turned her head away and raised a hand to silence her.
Tricia merely sighed and went to sit on her bunk bed.
How Tricia still looked calm under this situation, I had no idea.

Joanna sunk to the ground and began weeping uncontrollably, muttering "no, no, no! You cannot be dead."

With shaky hands, I stretched to pick up the suicide note on the bed.
It was written in capital letters.
I'M TEMPTED TO WRITE "WHO DEY BREATHE? LOL, NOT ME" BUT I'LL JUST STICK WITH "EVERYONE WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT ME."

I collapsed.