Chapter 19- Farewells

It was sad to see Winnie and Kirby go. Stevie? She really changed that night, but if she wanted to be friends she'd have a lot of patching up to do. Stevie and Winnie returned to the mansion to get their belongings the next day. They were very happy to learn that they were allowed to keep all the clothes and makeup that had been gifted to them by the show. But we had an even bigger surprise for them. When we heard Winnie scream, we knew that she had found her present. "OH MY GOSH, YOU'RE BETHANY MOTA!"

Winnie was so happy to get to meet Bethany. Eventually Bethany and Winnie had to leave, but I could tell that it really made a difference to her since she decided to drop out of the games for Kirby. After they had gone, Brenna took us three remaining tributes aside. But I saw something out of the corner of my eye- Stevie. She was crying. "Brenna," I whispered. She looked over, and I gestured to Stevie. She nodded in approval. I walked over to Stevie.

"Stevie, I know it's hard. Leaving the games was more than any of us could do, and-"

She cut me off.

"Ariana, that's not all of it. I just feel like a failure. My dad, he's angry at me. I'm flying home on his private jet to our mansion. But yet I feel down. He won't talk to me. I'm going back to that big empty space with nobody but the butler, servants, maids, and cooks, plus my cats...........I guess that's a lot of people but it's not my dad. I hardly ever see him."

With that she burst out in another wave of tears. Her mascara was running down her face. She looked seriously like Taylor in the Blank Space video. But then I had an idea.

"Stevie...........why don't you stay?" I asked. She looked confused. "I know, you've been kicked out of the games, but I don't see why you couldn't stay here with us! You wouldn't be filmed, you wouldn't be in the games, but you would have company!" Her face lit up.

"Yeah, YEAH!!!" She jumped up.

"I'll go ask Brenna, you go fix your makeup. You look like-"

"Taylor in Blank Space!" She finished, laughing.

We were just about to exit the room when Brenna and Avalon burst in. Avalon ran up the stairs immediately, while Brenna came to us. "Stevie," she said, "you're back in."