14.0

Tranquilo

"Ellory? Ellory please wake up

"Ellory? Ellory please wake up." A voice sobbed somewhere in the distance. The air was cold and her lungs hurt. She tried to take a breath but it was shaky and weak.

"Guys I think she moved her hand! Ellory c'mon wake up." The voice seemed to be coming closer to the girl as it grew louder.

Ellory gasped for air her eyes flying open causing her friends to jump back. Her eyes darted around unsure of where she was. Her throat was coarse and her mouth salty as she stared up at the dark sky.

"Holy shit Ellory." Her body was pulled into a tight grip which she quickly realized belonged to JJ. "You've gotta stop scaring us like that."

"What happened?" She muttered.

"You fell over board and JJ went in after you." Kie said from off to the side. Ellory sat up her head spinning. JJ placed his hand on her back making sure she wouldn't fall back.

"I feel like shit." Ellory laughed meekly.

"You look like shit too." She turned to see John B staring at her. "You're lucky JJ likes you enough to go in after you."

Ellory chuckled and looked around realizing they were still on Heyward's boat heading back towards Kildare. She shivered as the wind from the incoming storm brushed over her wet body.

"Here." JJ handed her his dry shirt. She pulled it over her wet swim suit thankful for the warmth.

The blonde boy felt his breath catch when his shirt fell over Ellory's slim frame. It fell to her mid thigh and the sleeves needed to be rolled up a few times in order for her to do anything. She looked absolutely adorable in it.

"Are you ok? Breathing and everything?" Pope questioned, always the responsible one.

"My head and throat just hurt. A lot." The girl croaked.

"Understandable."

✶✶✶

"No JJ I don't wanna go home." Ellory whined. The five teens had gone their separate ways all extremely disappointed about their findings on the Royal Merchant. Or lack there of. JJ was insisting the girl go home and get some rest after her whole almost drowning thing. "I haven't been home in days. My moms gonna kill me I don't wanna go there."

"El. We don't have anywhere else to go. C'mon I'll stay with you. We can sneak in through your window." JJ pleaded. He wanted to make sure she was ok and do just about everything he could to make her feel better.

"Fine." With that the two teens made their way to the Fay household and climbed through Ellory's small window. Her room was exactly how she had left it. Of course her mother didn't seem to notice that her daughter was still gone.