7.0

That's Dandruff

"I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara

"I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara. Shes like oh John B" John B, JJ, and Ellory were in John B's van heading towards Lana Grubbs house so they could talk to her about the compass.

"Is that what she does?" John B asked JJ.

"Don't pretend like you don't notice. You're like I kinda like that and you start blushing and shit."

"I blush?"

Ellory shoved his shoulder from the back seat. "Hell yeah you do."

JJ grabbed the compass they found yesterday off the dashboard. John B went to grab for it but JJ wouldn't let him.

"Hey I'm just looking at it. I gotta admit though. Your dad's compass in Scooter Grubbs' boat. That's kinda creepy."

"Yeah that's why we're going to talk to Ms. Lana, to figure this whole thing out." The girl said.

When they got to her house it was a mess. "You know what this house looks like? Whoever lives here smokes too much weed." JJ said.

Ellory pretended to smoke a joint between her fingers. "I didn't know there was to-" JJ clasped his hand over her mouth as the sound of glass breaking and a woman screaming could be heard inside.

He pulled the small girl against the house and motioned for her to keep quiet. The three Pogues crouched underneath a window and listened to Ms Lana continue to sob. It sounded like whoever was hurting her was looking for something. More crashes and screams echoed throughout the house as paint chips fell out the window onto the three eavesdroppers. Ellory flinched away from the shaking house and loud noises, being reminded of her mother's episodes.

"Don't listen." JJ said to her quietly.

"We should just go." They heard from inside the house.

The three of them moved towards the edge of the house and watched two large men leave.

"Dude those are the guys that shot at us." JJ whispered.

"Go back go back go back." John B pushed JJ and Ellory farther against the house as the two men sped off in their boat.

Once they left the teens crept into the house. Things were thrown everywhere. They could hear Ms. Lana sobbing form somewhere deeper in the house.

"Ms. Lana?" Ellory called out.

She walked around a corner and saw her sitting on the floor of a destroyed bathroom. She ran over to her and put her hand on her shoulder. The woman flinched away from the girl.

"Dude she's tweaking." JJ said from behind Ellory.

"Ms. Lana, can we call the cops or something?"