4.0

I'm Sorry

John B, JJ, and Ellory climbed out of the window as fast and as quietly as they could

John B, JJ, and Ellory climbed out of the window as fast and as quietly as they could. They were not getting caught by the cops today. Unfortunately for them, they were on the second floor of the motel. They climbed out onto the small roof below them and moved as far away from the window as possible. John B went to one side with JJ and Ellory cramming into each other on the other. There really wasn't even room for one person so the two teens were squished together trying not to fall.

"Look at me. Don't look down." JJ whispered to Ellory as her breathing increased.

She looked up at him and stared into his bright blue eyes immediately slowing her breathing.

Suddenly, a loud clanging echoed off the roof. The three teens looked down to see the gun JJ had stolen falling towards the ground. Ellory's hand flew to her mouth as she realized the cops had definitely heard that. JJ wrapped his arm around Ellory's shoulders and pulled her close to him as they moved farther away from the window.

"You fucking idiot." She whispered to the blonde next to her.

Of course, just to continue their streak of hood luck, Ellory's foot slipped off the side of the roof causing her to let out a loud gasp and grab JJ tightly. With her body half dangling off the roof, Ellory was relying on mostly JJ for stability.

The blinds in the window flew open at the sound of the gun falling. The three teens held their breath as they waited to be spotted. But they never were.

"Alright, let's go." They heard the officer say from inside the room.

Ellory released the breath she had been holding as JJ pulled her back onto the roof. He moved past her and climbed down from the roof reaching up and helping Ellory down too. The three teens sprinted towards the HMS and sped off before the officers could see them.

✶✶✶

"Well that was fun. You could've warned us a little sooner though." JJ said as they all sat on the HMS.

"We would've but Pope was on the math team." Kie replied.

"You were on the math team? Bro since when?" Ellory teased.

Pope ignored them, "The cops took everything like it was a crime scene. Did you guys find anything?"

"Did we find anything? Oh yeah." JJ pulled a stack of the cash and the gun from his pockets.

"Dude? What the hell! Why would you take that from a crime scene? I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship."

"Hey sh sh sh sh sh. At least you have us right?" JJ used the gun to shush Pope.

"El, why'd you let him take that?" Kie questioned.

"I don't know. Maybe because I was more focused on not falling off of that roof than JJ's dumbass."