Kabanata 42

Kabanata 42

Sam

It wasn't the first time I saw her trying to get close to Thorn. Pinabayaan ko. But slowly I'm feeling irritated I just don't want to make a scene that's why I ignore her.

She's a treat! A big one. But I trust Thorn and besides I saw how he shoo her away, he would put more attention on me when she's around. That's enough for me, napapanatag na ang loob ko.

Ngumiti ako sa babae lumabas ng elevator she bowed down as a greeting.

Pumasok ako sa elevator at pindot ang floor ng office ni Thorn. The door was about to close when a hand stops it. To my surprise it was Samantha. Nakita ko ang gulat sa kanyang mata. Alanganin siyang ngumiti bago pumasok sa loob.

"You here for Enzo, again?"I ask calmly.

"Uh..."

"I'll press the floor for you, you might press the wrong floor..." I said and press the highest button.

Hindi ko siya nilingon, the whole time. Kahit sa aking paglabas. With head held high, I walk out of the elevator and walk towards his office.

Sa aking pagpasok agad kong namataan si Dria sa couch habang si Theo naman ay nasa kandungan ni Thorn.

"Ate!"tawag pansin sa akin ni Dria.

Thorn stood up with Theo on his arm and kissed my forehead, ganon rin si Theo he kissed me on my cheek. I smiled at kinuha siya mula kay Thorn at hinalikan rin ito sa pisngi. Umopo ako sa tabi ni Dria.

"Kasama mo si Sam, Dria?"

Kumunot ang noo niya bago umiling. I can sense Thorn's gaze at me.

"She's here, nakasabay kami sa elevator kanina..."

"Wala naman siyang nabanggit na sasama siya dito..."

"Well she often goes here...may project daw sila ni Enzo... The condominium? She's going to supply the furniture."

"Ahh... they've got a furniture company pala," she said at naliwanagan ang mukha. But something in her eyes told me otherwise.

Tinuon ko ang aking pansin kay Thorn kunot ang noo nito nakatingin sa phone.

"Thorn," I called his attention.

His soft eyes drifted to mine. "Hmm?"

" it's lunchtime..."

Tumango siya.

"What do you want?" he asked.

Ngumuso ako at biglang naalala ang sushi. "Sushi and tacos."

Tumango siya at pipindutin na sana ang intercom ng pigilan ko siya.

"Gusto ko ikaw ang bumuli..."

Pinagtaasan ako nito ng kilay.

"Pinaglilihan mo ako, misis ko?"

I rolled my eyes and look away. Naginit ang aking pisngi. Tinuon ko sa kamay ni Theo ang aking atensyon.

"My ears!" Ungot ni Drisella at tinabonan ang kanyang tenga.

He stood up and wear his coat he kisses my forehead first before going out.

We talk about Thorn the whole time. She told me stories when they're young.

"One time when he was sleeping in my room. I heard him mention your name... His that obsessed of you!"

I laughed at her statement.

Pinaglihian niya daw si Thorn noon. She wouldn't let Thorn leave her sight. And now she's doing the same to her husband.