Chapter 28

When you were on board the helicarrier you found yourself the only quiet room you could, which happened to be the room Loki had been contained in previously. The truth is - like Moriarty - you aren't emotionless either. You're sociopathic in the way that you find forming emotional connections with others extremely difficult and have a lack of empathy, and psychopathic in the way you're unfiltered to death, blood, gore and others in pain. However, you're not emotionless. They're still all there, you just buried them deep in your mind palace because you can't understand them and thought it was best that way.

You put in your earphones and started to play some music while contemplating the question: 'What are you going to do now?'

The billionaire has something to hide

Lift the hammer to the sky

Friend and foe you're destined to meet

Stay away from Bakers Street

The riddle you had been given fell out of your back pocket as you crouched down to sit on the floor. The only thing relevant now was to stay away from Bakers Street. You didn't even want to go back to Bakers Street without Jim.

You had done some more tests on the ink it was written in and got the results back during the battle but now you finally got the chance to take a look at them. Turns out the unique colour comes from the 0.13% gold pigment, specifically Asgardian gold. Take a wild guess at who wrote it for you.

At least you were distracted for a moment but the lines:

'Simona, wish I had known that what seemed so strong has been and gone' - 1973, James Blunt.

-In the song you were playing brought you back to your mellow state and the waterfall of tears began to fall again. 

You stayed there for a while, just letting out everything you had been keeping inside until Thor came to find you.

"Lady y/n, are you in here?" He asked, standing in the doorway before noticing you on the floor across the room and sitting down next to you. "Moriarty was a good man. He died a hero." he tried to comfort you but hearing the fact he was well and truly gone made everything hurt even more. Thor could tell he made things worse so decided to stop talking and placed a comforting arm around you in a half-hug.

"What do I do now?" you asked him after a while, hoping for some guidance in what to do next.

"I don't know." he spoke softly.

"What are you going to do?" you questioned.

"I'm going to go on a search for the Infinity Stones. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the stones to show up in the last few years. Someone's planning something and I intend on stopping them." the god explained.

"Hey are those the weird glowy things that I saw when I picked up your hammer and then went into a coma?" you queried aloud.

"Wait. Lady y/n, are you saying that you have had visions of the Infinity Stones?" he questioned, turning to face you.

"Maybe. I'm pretty sure we're going on about the same things."

"Do you think you could help me locate them?" he asked.