Chapter 24

Third person POV:

The group watched, shocked, stunned, mouths gaping open. Y/n had lifted the Mjölnir above her head. She was worthy to be a ruler of Asgard.

"Lady y/n! I knew you would-" Thor began to congratulate her but stopped when she fell to the ground. Jim jumped from his seat in time to catch her head before it hit the ground.

"Y/n? Y/n? Can you hear me? Open your eyes." Moriarty began to panic along with the others.

"Has this ever happened before point-break?" Tony asked as he stood up and pulled out his phone.

"No mortal has been worthy enough to yield the Mjölnir before."

Jim checked her pulse, "She's still breathing."

"Jarvis, call an ambulance." Tony requested but the group was met with a shrill, mechanical shriek causing their ears to ring. Next there was a metal clanking approaching and the noise revealed a rickety droid piecing itself together trying to form words.

"No." The thing uttered with a sickening tone, "How could you be worthy? You're all killers."

"Stark." Steve pronounced.

"Jarvis?" Tony asked again, instinctively stepping in front of the girl's weakened body.

The robot spoke again, "I'm sorry I was asleep. Or I was a dream"

"Reboot. Need your help.." Tony trailed off trying to get Jarvis to work.

"There was this terrible noise and I was tangled and hmmm." the bot continued, "-Strings. Had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Steve asked, concerned.

"Wouldn't have been my first call but down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor questioned.

The droid then played back Tony's voice. "I see a suit of armour around the world,"

"Ultron." Banner concluded.

"In the flesh... or no, not yet, not this Christmas, but I'm ready." as the android was speaking the group held their weapons close by. "I'm on a mission."

"What mission?" Natasha queried. The tension was building.

"Peace in our time." With that several of Tony's robots flew through the door and began attacking the group. Everyone scattered across the room. Jim slid y/n under the table and began shooting at the droids with his 'british army browning L9A1' that he carried. Tony was helping keep the things away from y/n too.

"You need to get y/n out of here. If you go down the stairs you can take whatever car that unlocks-'' he handed Moriarty a car key and continues wrestling a robot, "and drive her to the nearest hospital to get looked at. I'll check in later and we'll cover you on your way out."

"Got it." Jim nodded and picked y/n up bridal-style and headed for the door just as Tony said.

Y/n's POV but in second person like before:

You couldn't quite remember what happened at Tony's party that caused you to fall unconscious but you felt like you had been chilling in your own head for a very long time. Every so often you got flashes of things, sometimes memories, sometimes random tv shows, sometimes things you had never seen before. The tesseract and sceptre popped up a lot but they were in the form of stones. You also saw destruction, war, fire, great battle and great loss. And that one episode of doctor who where it's the end of the earth and they're playing tainted love.