Chapter 8

It was a couple of weeks since New York and nothing has really changed, for you that is. Before heading back to London you had met Pepper Potts and you imputed a few ideas for the new Avengers tower while having tea with her and Tony, and had promised to stay in touch with the other Avengers, maybe get some actual combat training for the next time aliens invade but you were still pretty good with knives for the time being.

It was around 1 o'clock and you had nothing to do. You were blasting your favourite upbeat song on the speakers in yours and Jim's flat while leaning against the kitchen counter, twirling Loki's dagger in your hands. Was it right to take it? Would you ever be able to return it? Could you ever see Loki again? He was probably locked up in a pit somewhere with the key thrown away. You sighed. You hated yourself for thinking about him so much. You hated yourself for caring about him so much. You just couldn't bloody help it! Suddenly your music turned off and you turned to see Jim standing against the wall.

"Jim, I didn't hear you come in." you greeted, slightly embarrassed. 'How long had he been standing there? How long have you been standing there?' You thought.

"No one is ever that pensive when listening to f/u/s (favourite upbeat song). You've been like this ever since you got back from New York so tell me love, what's going on?" he asked you. To be honest you didn't even know what was going on. You have been distracted, overly forgetful for your standards and even late! You had never been late before last Thursday and you never want it to happen again!

"I don't knowww." you groaned. Moriarty just looked at you with a raised eyebrow like he thought you were lying. "What? I'm serious! I don't know what the hell is wrong with me! I think I must be ill or something."

"Well of course you don't know-" the criminal started.

"What's that supposed to mean?" You intervened

"Even if you did, you would never admit it-"

"James Moriarty, you had better spit it out right now!" you demanded.

"y/n, I'm sorry to have to break this to you," he began almost sarcastically, "But I believe that you have felt attraction to another human being."

"Have not!" you retorted immediately. Were you attracted to Loki? No no no no no! Even if you were (which you definitely were not!) you technically weren't lying because Loki was a god sooo...

"Defensive. I'll write that in the notes." Jim reported, pretending as if he were a doctor.

"You have not made notes." you challenged, sure that you had not been acting that odd. Yet, Moriarty proved you wrong as he pulled a notepad from his blazer pocket and began to read,

" Regularly distracted: not able to concentrate,

thinking about something, no someone else?

Forgetful: basic things slip mind (eg: dishwasher,

setting the table, actually eating..."

You cut him off, "So what I'm being a bit more lazy and have a lot to process. I have just come back from an alien battle. Has it ever occurred to you that I might be in shock, you idiot?"

A devilish grin grew across Moriarty's face, oh god this couldn't be good. "You should hear the noises you make while you're asleep." shit. No. That's not bloody possible. Does he watch me sleep the psychopath?

"So you watch me sleep then you sicko?" you joked, turning it back on him.

"Oh darling, I don't even need to be in the same room as you to hear it. If only you could scream my name the way you do his. What's he called now?" He has got to be messing with you. You haven't ever spoken in your sleep. You don't even dream. "Ah yes, I remember now. L-" the criminal mastermind was cut off by the sound of your phone. Thank god. You picked up seeing it was Lestrade from Scotland Yard.

"Y/n, you need to get here quickly." he sounded stressed, and as if he was hiding under a table.

"Graham what's going on? Why are you hiding under a desk?" you asked.

"Who's Graham?" Lestrade questioned

"You. Isn't it?" you explained.

"My name's Greg, and there's a giant man terrorising people with a hammer demanding to speak with you." 'Greg' expanded.

"Is it Thor? Hand him the phone." you ordered. You heard Lestrade hand over the phone and you began to talk. "Hey Thor. What do you need? Why are you on Midgard?"

"Lady y/n? Is that you?" the oaf asked.

"Yes, it's me." you answered.

"WHY HAVE YOU LOCKED LADY Y/N IN A BOX?!" the god yelled and threw the phone, cutting off the line. You put your phone down

"I have to go Jim, Scotland Yard are at it again." you told him as you went to grab your things. (Loki's dagger, your phone, charger and your favourite book you were currently re-reading)

"Don't think this conversation's over honey." Moriarty spoke back, from the corner of the room.

"I do not need to conversate with you about anything." you stated.

"Come on. I give great advice. At least let me pick what you wear for your first date. Ever. Oh and I want to be best man or I will bomb the reception." he shouted after you as you left the room. You were already dreading your return. You 100% did not want that conversation to continue. Ever. Again. In your life. So what you hadn't dated anyone since high school? You thought it as a waste of time.

You had hailed a cab and upon arriving at Scotland Yard, stepped out to see a woman with light brown hair and hazel eyes waiting outside looking very uncomfortable. "Are you y/n Holmes?" She asked you with an American accent as you approached.

"Yes that would be me." you responded.

"Okay good, Thor's inside waiting. He may have broke a couple of tables, and chairs, and windows." she warned, "I'm Jane Foster by the way." she added, realising she hadn't given you her name.

"Well, nice to meet you Jane." you greeted. 

When you entered the muscular god turned and welcomed you with a hug. "Lady Y/n it's good to see you!"

"It's just y/n Thor and good to see you too!" you greeted but soon asked, "What are you doing here?"

"Ah yes, I was first here because I was concerned about Jane as Heimdall told me she was missing from his view then upon learning that I was in London, thought I could reach out to you lady y/n for an amulet has been stolen from my mother's chambers and though the Asgardians are doing their best, I'm sure you will be able to guide them to a conclusion in a matter of days." the god explained.

"So you want me to come to Asgard?" you needed clarification.

"Indeed. I'm sure the Asgardian people would love to meet one of my fellow Avengers." he flattered.

"I'm not really an avenger Thor."

"Of course you are!" your friend exclaimed, "You're family!"

"That's sweet of you, so you want me to return the amulet and find out how it went missing?"

"If it wouldn't be too much trouble Lady y/n?" he was doing that to spite you now.

"I'm sure things will be okay here for a while. When do we leave?" you asked

"Right now. Jane." he gestured for her to come over. "Jane, this is y/n. Y/n, this is Jane." he introduced. You shook the woman's hand with a smile not mentioning that you had already briefly met. The two of you followed Thor outside but couldn't say anything more because Thor boomed towards the sky, "Heimdall, open the bifrost!" and then the three of you were engulfed by an electrifying rainbow. Jane and Thor held onto each other while you were attempting to spin around as you shot through space, admiring the view of distant stars and planets. When you landed on Asgard, Loki immediately clouded your thoughts, not that he already was.

"We have to do that again!" Jane excitedly proclaimed. "Hi." She greeted a noble looking man wearing armour. Heimdall.

"Welcome to Asgard."