Chapter 14

The flipping of pages came from the other side of the room and you woke from your dream to find yourself lying on Loki's bed rather than the floor. All the furniture was broken and several books had been torn up. The prince himself was wearing a stained green shirt and trousers rather than his golden armor and his dark hair was scruffy and dishevelled yet he still looked so good. This man is a curse. And to top it off he was sat on the floor reading y/f/b! You let out a groan as you stretched your arms, you couldn't help but feel bad for taking the prince's bed. You sat up and rubbed the sleep out of your eyes as you spoke, "Morning, did you sleep okay?"

"As well as I could." he replied with a smile.

"I feel bad for taking your bed." you told the prince.

"Would you like me to join you next time?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, his smile turning into a smirk.

"Next time? I don't recall planning on sticking around." you responded wittily.

"At least until you finish reading me y/f/b. I'm hooked." pleaded the god of mischief.

"I'm pretty sure you have almost finished reading it by yourself." you scoffed.

"Yes, well it's better in your voice." you almost felt flattered. "More stumbling over words, more stuttering..." he started.

"Yes, yes, okay. Don't make me change my mind." you laughed like a love-sick idiot. God, what is Loki doing to you? "I might have to go, you know." you began but the prince had a look of guilt that you picked up on.

"About that..." you looked towards where you had set up your way out to see your blaser just on the floor.

"Awesome. Wow!" you sang sarcastically.

"I guess you're stuck here until someone comes to find you." he stated.

"Really? I had no idea. Thanks for informing me!" you dramatically acknowledged with a smile. "Hand me y/f/b, the sooner we finish it, the sooner I can leave without feeling guilty."

You had got through half of the book and Loki actually seemed to be enjoying himself. You had ended up in the same position as before: you and the prince on the ground, his head on your shoulder. That's when you heard Thor marching down the corridor towards you both. Loki quickly cast an illusion in front of you both to cover up the mess.You watched it play out.

"Thor, after all this time and now you come to visit me." the younger prince started. "Why? Have you come to gloat? To mock?"

"Loki enough. No more illusions." Thor demanded softly, seeing straight through the trick. The younger removed the magic and revealed you both among the wreckage.

"Now you see me brother."

"Hi Thor." you greeted.

"Hello Lady y/n." he returned.

"Did she suffer?" the precious god of mischief asked as Thor walked round to the other side of the prison.

"I did not come here to share our grief, instead I offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament." he announced.

"Go on." Loki urged blankly.

"I know you seek vengeance as much as I do, you help me escape Asgard and I will grant that to you. Vengeance. And after with this cell."

"That seems fair." you butted in unnecessarily.

Loki laughed slightly at the sentiment and responded to his brother. "You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?"

"I don't." countered Thor. 'I do.' You thought, not daring to risk boosting the god's ego by saying it aloud. "Mother did. You should know that when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you. You betray me and I will kill you." Thor finished.

"When do we start?" Loki smiled.

Loki had changed back into his armour and you, him and Thor were currently walking down a corridor lined with pillars to find the plane Thor had planned to escape Asgard in.

"This is so unlike you brother." Loki exclaimed, grinning like a child. "So glan destin. Are you sure you wouldn't just rather punch your way out?"

"If you keep speaking I just might." Thor grunted, he was nervous about the stability of his plan.

"Fine, as you wish, I'm not even here." Loki uttered before messing about with his appearance, changing himself into one of the palace guards.

"It's better company at least." Thor denoted.

"Still, we could be less conspicuous." The prince changed back to himself but this time you were now Lady Sif and Thor was you! "Mmmm brother. You look ravishing." You could feel yourself blush.

"Oh my god, who is that? I think I'm in love." you directed at Thor, sticking with your narcissistic demeanour.

"It will hurt no less when I kill you in this form." Thor threatened his brother.

"True that!" you pipped in.

"Very well, perhaps you would prefer one of your new companions given that you seem to like them so much.'' At that point you and Thor changed back to yourselves but Loki was now Steve Rogers in full Captain America gear. "Oh this is much better!'' The god was putting on an American accent that made you giggle inside. "Orh. Costumes a bit much, so tight, but the confidence. I can feel the righteousness surging!" he turned to face you and Thor and was now walking backwards. "Hey wanna have an arousing discussion about truth, honour, patriotism? GOD BLESS AMERI-" at that point Thor shoved his brother into one of the pillars, shutting him up and changing him back to his normal self. "What?!" Loki asked in annoyance. You could tell he was enjoying being out of his cell.

The three of you watch some guards pass by, "You could at least furnish me with a weapon." the prince suggested, "My dagger, something!" he turns to you and looks you dead in the eye - raising an eyebrow, so you pull out some handcuffs. "At last, a little common sense" you click them on and he holds up his bound wrists unimpressed. "Kinky."

"But I thought you liked tricks." Thor chuckled clearly amused you smirked at him enjoying the look of defeat on Loki's face.

You spot Lady Sif and Jane coming towards you. "You're-" Jane began stomping towards the younger prince.

"Loki, you may have heard-" he was cut off by Jane's hand slapping his face.

"That was for New York!" she chastised.

The god of mischief turned to Thor, "I like her." you felt a twinge in your chest but it was gone in a second.

You all heard voices from a distance and saw a group of palace guards approaching. "There they are. Take her. On my command." you had to move quickly.

"I'll hold them off, take her." Sif insisted.

"Thank you." Thor acknowledged, leading the way for us to follow. You hung back, waiting for Loki and managed to watch Sif hold a sword to his neck,

"Betray him and I'll kill you." she threatened. The prince laughed in response and said something else but you were called upon by Thor.

"Lady y/n!"

"When are you going to stop calling me that?" you joked and followed along, Loki trailing behind.