𝟏𝟐 || 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔

BEN MELLOW

I'm still awake at 1:35 when ollie walks in, looking tired and distressed. I prob myself up on my pillows as he closes the door behind him and walks to the bathroom, turning the lights on. I sit there, listening to the running water as he showers. When I hear the water turn off, I lie back down, turning on my side to face the wall, not ready to talk. Today has been stressful enough. Firstly he and Brooke run off, then I get The Letter from Celia, my adoptive mother. Lastly, Lilith just had to show up. I can't also talk about The Kiss. I take my phone off the bedside table and open photos. I open my Celia album, scrolling through the thousands of photos. My eyes start to prick as I look at my gorgeous mother. My forever mother. It doesn't matter if I'm part of the will or not, I don't care. As long as I got as much time with my mother as possible, and it still wasn't enough. I don't blame her for the choice, I just wish she had come to see me first.

"hey," Ollie's soft voice echos around the room,

"hey," I reply, not turning around to face him just yet,

"can we talk?" I hear his footsteps coming closer to my bed, my heart starts to race and I can feel my eyes changing slightly. I roll over to face him, rolling myself back on my pillow. He sits down opposite me on his bed. He looks at me as if his life depends on it. "I'm sorry," I glance up at him for a second, just enough time to see his glossy chestnut eyes, " it's you, it's always been you," his voice breaks as he pouts from under hooded eyes. I feel my heart start to race, my nose stings and my sight fogs up. Me? What about her? This is what i have wanted. Why aren't I happy? Why am I angry? This is how I wanted it, this is how I wanted things to go. Why am I mad! I know why.

" I can't do this," I look back, begging him not to say anything with my eyes, " I can't be there only when it's convenient for you. I can't be yours when you only half want me. it's not fair."

he stares at me, he wants a face now Stone cold. He is rock still except for the occasional twitch of his type jaw. I get up, picking up my phone and keys, walking to the door and grabbing a coat, before walking out.

I walk through the hallway, past my poseidon house neighbours. I want to down the twisting cerulean stairs. The shining full moon illuminates the stars – as it shows in the glass dome that removes our common room – making me feel like royalty. My phone is currently to 2:14am. I stroll through the empty room, – past the fireless fireplace, The bacon armchairs, the rows and rows of books – until I get to the door, taking one last look back I half hope he had followed me, but it's silent not a soul in sight. I slip out into the cold school hallway, alone.

The cold air bites my skin as I find my way outside, walking to my car. I climb in, only half cautious of what I'm doing. I feel my phone blowing up in my pocket. Buzz buzz buzz. I contemplate picking it up but I think better of it. I put my car keys in the cognition, turn and start to back out.

sorry for not posting in a while I've been writing a book that just got published but i should be back more now

hey this is is a really short chapter but it leads onto the next one so don't worry

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it

don't forget to vote <3

comment your favourite snack xx