Discovery

"Beat it demon! You're old enough to take care of yourself! Take your demon loving brother too!" The patron yelled as she pushed us out into the cold. It was snowing and even I knew that Naruto must be freezing already.

I slipped my jacket off and slung it over his shoulders, helping him walk as I did so. I turned my slitted eyes towards her. "Maybe not today, maybe not even tomorrow, but someday you will regret this, Bitch." My voice was colder than the air outside and by the look on her face I'm guessing my eyes conveyed my message.

She took a step back out of fear. "I knew being around that demon would corrupt you! The only thing I regret is not doing this when you were babies!"

She slammed the door, I turned my eyes to Naruto. His eyes had an empty dead look to them, I sighed. "C'mon Naru. We gotta get outta here before you freeze."

I heard him mumble something unintelligible. I slung is arm over my shoulder, sharing my heat with him, and started walking.

Half an hour later I was cursing that pink headed bitch. I would never forgive that Haruno woman, I would definitely get her back someday.

Naruto's fingers were tinted blue and he kept stumbling in the snow. I looked around, all I could see were a couple of shops and a ramen stand. The ramen stand had an elderly man and a girl about our age in the window, deciding to take a chance I picked Naruto up and ran to their shop.

I kicked the door with my foot a couple times until the man opened it.

At first I thought he was gonna yell but instead of anger his eyes shot up in surprise and worry. I bowed my head,  "Please sir...my brother...he can't handle the cold, will you let him stay inside? I can't pay you but I can work off the debt..."

He placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled warmly, surprising me. No adult had ever looked at me like that except the old man. "Nonsense son, come inside. I'll make you both something to eat. My name is Teuchi."

I nodded gratefully. "Thank you, sir. I'm Arashi, my brother is Naruto..." Then he led us inside.