Chapter 6: I Did It for You

The reception party was almost over

The reception party was almost over. The guests had begun to leave. Sonakshi was really tired. She planned to go back home and sleep. She could not find Dev anywhere. She was annoyed. Had Mr-A-bit-romantic-jerk just ditched her?

Suddenly, she felt someone cover her eyes with their hands. Sonakshi tried to think who it could be. Dev would never do something like this. It was just out of his character. The kiss was out of character too, but he would never behave childishly by fooling around with her. Sonakshi quickly jerked the hands of that person off her eyes. She turned around to see who it was.

Vikram.

"What the hell are you doing here? How dare you touch me, Vikram Tripathi?" Sonakshi yelled at Dev's cousin.

Vikram was looking at her and was smiling devilishly. Sonakshi noticed his shaking figure and understood that he was drunk. The best thing to do in such a case would be to move away from this man quickly.

Sonakshi turned and started walking away. Suddenly, she felt a strong grip on her wrist and was pulled. Vikram had pursued her.

"Let me go," Sonakshi tried to free her hands. Sonakshi regretted coming alone inside to search for Dev. Not one person was in the view.

"You look so beautiful when you are angry. I just want you. One night that's it. I will be more fun than Dev bhai. I promise," Vikram slurred.

Sonakshi felt disgusted hearing such words. This man was her husband's cousin for God's sake. She stamped his foot with her high heels.

"Owww..." Vikram yelled, leaving her wrist.

Sonakshi took this opportunity and started to run out of the hall. But unfortunately, luck was not on her side. Vikram caught up with her. Sonakshi started pushing him off her and then suddenly, gathering all her courage, she slapped him.

The sound of the slap resounded in the whole hall. Sadly, there was no one in the whole dancing hall to hear that and move to help Sonakshi. 

Thud!

Vikram staggered back at the force. His hand went up to feel his cheek that was now aching with pain. Sonakshi took the chance and started to run, but she felt something collide with her leg. Something that pricked really badly, such that Sonakshi could feel blood seeping out of the wound.

Vikram had thrown a whiskey bottle at her leg. Sonakshi clenched her eyes shut, she could feel the pain but still moved ahead. She did not want to be near Vikram. Vikram was groggily trying to move towards her when Sonakshi took out the heels that she was wearing and threw them at his face.

Sonakshi reached the exit where a car was waiting for her. She got in and closed the door of the car. She did not care if she did not find Dev anymore. Her priority was to get out of the place as soon as she could.

"Please take me back to the mansion," Sonakshi commanded the driver.

"Ma'am, Vicky sir is coming this way. Should we wait for him?" The driver asked.