Chapter 2: The Wedding

Sonakshi entered the wedding hall with her aunt Diya beside her and her father and brother and uncles holding her mother's bridal dupatta above her head. She looked gorgeous to every single person in the wedding hall.

The big elite families of the business world along with the prestigious faces of Delhi were invited to the wedding. There were a few photographers in the wedding hall too.

Maybe the media Sonakshi thought The Dixits know how to play well with media.

A few days ago, she had read an article on the internet regarding the wedding. She couldn't believe her own eyes when she read the pathetic story that the PR team of the Dixits had fed to the media.

They had drafted a perfect Romeo and Juliet story, with an exception of Paris being absent, with a perfectly beautiful ending.

Two rival families giving up their hatred because their children fell in love.

What Crap!

Romeo and Juliet have never seen each other face to face and already there are articles and news clippings on their love saga!

Sonakshi had scoffed at the article thinking that the media would soon give a review on how stupid the story is and would dig out the truth. To her dismay, the media actually believed the PR team at their word and actually loved the without love-LOVE STORY!

Sonakshi moved towards the dais to exchange garlands with the groom. Dev was already standing there. He was dressed in a cream-colored sherwani. His eyes were on Sonakshi. He did not pay too much attention to her as she moved closer to him.

Now Sonakshi and Devrath were face-to-face but none of them looked at each other completely. Both were handed over the garlands by their respective families. Both got lifted on their relatives' shoulders while exchanging the garlands. Sonakshi smiled slightly when she saw her brother and father lifting her.

Dev and Sonakshi exchanged the garlands and stole a glance at each other once when they did so. No words or smiles exchanged.

Dev went and sat near the priest to perform the starting rituals that had to be done by the groom. It was then time for Sonakshi to join him. She went and took a seat next to him not glancing at him even once.

The priest continued to chant the shlokas of the marriage ceremony, but Sonakshi's mind was lost somewhere else.

She was marrying a guy to whom she had not even spoken face to face even once.

Yet, here she was, MARRYING HIM.

After the proposal was finalized, the Dixits had come to their house with all the wedding items, jewelry, bridal dress according to tradition. Sonakshi hoped that she could at least have a conversation with her future husband, but he had not accompanied his parents.