Chapter 1: The Proposal

Sonakshi stood in front of the mirror and took a deep breath

Sonakshi stood in front of the mirror and took a deep breath. She couldn't compare herself with the girl she saw in the mirror.

The girl in the mirror looked like a happy girl a person content with life.

But was she?

It had just been a few weeks. A few weeks since she had come here.

How could her life change so much in a few weeks?

FLASHBACK

A month ago

Sonakshi returned to Delhi after completing her MBBS degree. She had come home to surprise her family and tell them that she had been accepted for MS in an American University with a scholarship.

Ever since her mother Asha's demise, Sonakshi wanted to be a doctor. She had cried at the loss of her mother. She had been angry at the negligence caused by the doctor in treating her mother. She moved away from Delhi to study MBBS in Mumbai much to the dismay of her father Rajesh Saxena.

She was now coming back to her father and brother, both of who were handling the Saxena empire.

A few days ago, her brother Kunal had called up to ask her how she was. Ever since she had left Delhi, her brother and father had hardly kept in touch with her. Her Aunt Diya had been her support all this while.

She reached home and was welcomed warmly by her father and her brother.

A bit too warm.

The next day she was called into her father's study. Even Kunal was present in the same room. They both looked nervous.

"What happened? Why was I called here?" she asked both of them.

"Sonakshi," Rajesh started, "How do I say this?"

Rajesh turned to look at Kunal for help.

Kunal shrugged.

Sonakshi narrowed her eyes at them.

"Sonakshi, it is very difficult for me to say this but it is the need of the minute. This is for our company." Rajesh said.

Sonakshi knew that the company was in a bad condition. Saxena Enterprises was involved in a recent scandal.

Apparently, a manager of the company had bribed someone to give a special project to the company for which The Dixits and The Saxenas were fighting for.

Dixit.

That surname made her angry without a reason.

Ever since she was small, she was taught Dixits belong to the list of the enemy.

Anyway, the incident was telecasted all over the news. During that time, Sonakshi had tried to contact Kunal and her father but none of them picked her to call up. It was just a few days ago that Kunal had called her to ask about her wellbeing.