Chapter 4: The First Day

Sonakshi was woken up from her slumber when she felt someone was gently shaking her shoulder

Sonakshi was woken up from her slumber when she felt someone was gently shaking her shoulder. She opened her eyes to see a young girl, maybe the same age as her giving her a bright smile. Sonakshi hadn't seen her before.

Maybe she is some family member Sonakshi thought

"Hi ma'am," The girl greeted Sonakshi.

Ma'am! Why is she calling me ma'am? Sonakshi pondered.

"I am Meeta. I work here in the Dixit Mansion. If you need any help please let me know. Ishwari ma'am has assigned me to you," The girl chirped.

"Assigned to me?" Sonakshi uttered in disbelief. Sonakshi was not used to personal help. Yes, there had been helpers at the Dixit penthouse too but Sonakshi had spent most of her life at hostel. She had learnt to manage herself quite well and was not the typical 'I am the daughter of a rich man' type of girl.

"Yes ma'am. I am here to help you around," Meeta said with a warm smile.

"It is not needed Meeta. And, call me Sonakshi. I feel old when someone calls me ma'am," Sonakshi said smiling back at this girl.

"Sure ma'am. I mean Sonakshi. Can I call you Sona Di?" Meeta asked her.

"OK. But never call me ma'am again," Sonakshi said making her way to her suitcases that had already been kept in the room.

Sonakshi took out a loose T-shirt and comfortable shorts and then went into the bathroom. The bathroom was as luxurious as the house. It had a separate area for shower and another area for the bath tub.

Sonakshi looked at her reflection in the mirror. She was still wearing the wedding saree and jewelry. Her mascara and eyeliner were smudged in her sleep. Her hair looked like a bird's nest. She looked a perfect mess.

She quickly got into the shower after stripping and let the cool water wash away her tiredness. By the time she came out of the bathroom, Meeta had cleaned and arranged the room.

"It's almost 9 am Sona Di," Meeta said looking at the clock, "­As soon as you get dressed, we will go down for breakfast."

"I am already ready. We can go for breakfast," Sonakshi said pointing at her shirt and shorts.

Meeta widened her eyes. How was she going to tell Sonakshi?

"Umm... Sona Di, No one dines in these clothes over here. Please let me show you," Meeta led Sonakshi to another bedroom. Sonakshi expected maybe a few dresses picked out for her but her jaw dropped to the floor looking at the sight in front of her. It was a room filled with clothes. No, a room with rooms filled with clothes.

They were filled with shoes, jeans, crop tops, shorts, sarees, cocktail dresses, and the list could go on and on.

"Pinch me," Sonakshi stated.