Chapter 5: The Reception

The days passed by quickly and it was Sunday

The days passed by quickly and it was Sunday. Sonakshi was wearing a purple gown with a gold design on it. She looked regal in the color. It was color coordination with her husband. Throughout the week they hardly spoke to each other. The only thing for which they were in the same room was eating and sleeping.

"Sona Di," Meeta called out.

Sonakshi turned to look at the young girl. She had become quite a close friend.

"Yes, Meeta? I am not completely ready yet. I have to do my hair and also a bit of makeup," Sonakshi spoke.

"I brought the beautician team," Meeta said pointing to the few ladies who had come with her.

"Why a beautician team Meeta?" Sonakshi whined.

"Ishwari ma'am's orders Di," Meeta said. 

 "Fine," Sonakshi huffed.

The team of beauticians worked on Sonakshi for two hours. Sonakshi sat like a plastic barbie doll with people working on her hair and face. They did not even spare her nails.

I am no ancient Queen that I need so much time to get ready!

"We are done. You can open your eyes now ma'am," The lady said.

Sonakshi opened her eyes and looked at herself. She blinked her eyes at the reflection in the mirror. She looked stunning. Her hair had been slightly curled at the edges. Her eyebrows had been perfectly shaped. The kohl in her eyes, not out of place, enhanced her beautiful doe-shaped eyes. The blush on the cheeks was nude and her lips were looking ravishing.

"Sona Di, Dev sir is waiting for you in the car," Meeta informed Sonakshi "You look stunning Di."

"Thank you Meeta," Sonakshi said and walked out of the room.

Ishwari and Vishal were already at the reception venue. Sonakshi and Dev, being the star couple of the night, were going to make a late, iconic entry. This was all planned by Ishwari. According to her, the media would believe in the Romeo-Juliet story more with the cliche settings.

Sonakshi had started understanding how most things worked in the house. All orders were made by Ishwari. Meeta had become a good companion over the days. Her college was going to start in September. The Covid 19 situation was bad, yet medical students could go to the campus to assist the doctors in treating patients and studying.

Sonakshi reached the door of the mansion. She saw a black sedan waiting down the stairs. She walked down holding her gown such that she would not trip.

The chauffeur opened the door of the back seat for her.

She got in and sat beside Dev. She looked at him but he did not even spare her a glance. She just sat quietly throughout the ride.

"Smile as you get out of the car," Dev's deep baritone said "Wait till I open the door for you."

Sonakshi just nodded. The car entered the reception venue. The media was already there clicking pictures of the couple. The car came to a stop.