She laughed, “You’re right, but I still don’t understand why-”

“Long story short he was trying to blackmail me into riding with him to his house.” I explained, stepping through the doors and into the fresh air.

“And you’re going to his house because…” Janie gestured for me to finish her sentence.

“He’s my tutor, remember?” I reminded her.

“I thought you said no to him, especially since, you know, yesterday,” she looked down as if she was ashamed. Sometimes I can’t believe she’s actually like this; if I’m upset it’s almost like she caused me and feels bad for it! Sam should feel bad, not her! I have the most wonderful friend in the world and I just hope I don’t lose her to Marcus.

“I changed my mind,” the rest of the twenty minute walk was filled with her chattering about her day until just before we reached the point we parted, the topic was Marcus.

“Today when I couldn’t find you at lunch, Marcus invited me over and all he told me was how pretty I was.” She blushed a deep scarlet and I grinned at her. Bless her little heart! Marcus was really sweet to her and they just started going out. Maybe that’s why he was so eager for me to cancel on Janie.

“Um, you know we were meant to go cinema this Saturday…” I really didn’t want to cancel on her again.

“I hope your not ditching me again ‘cause I swear I‘ll cry.” She started to fake sob into her hands and the few people around started to stare. Even though it was fake I felt bad.

“No well…kind of. You started going out with Marcus the other day and maybe it would be nice for both of you to go out then.”

“I can go out with him anytime but we made plans and we’re going to enjoy the brilliance that is ‘Yogi Bear.’” Gosh, it didn’t look like that good of a movie! I’m only seeing it for her.

“Well I think Saturday is the best day to go out with him,” Janie looked so baffled. She thought for a while then she smiled.

“He’s planned something for then, hasn’t he?” her pretty blue eyes glistened as if they were going to well up in tears.

“Yeah, we’ll see as soon as possible though!” I assured her.

“I’m so glad you told me, now my and Lily are going on huge hunt for the perfect outfit. You know, not to girly, not to tomboyish. That’s how Marcus likes his girls.” Did he actually tell her that? That would be mean if she wasn’t like that. I won’t have him force my friend into anything.

We reached our turning and waved goodbye. As soon as I unlocked my front door I headed straight for my room to change.

Once in I raided my draws and my wardrobe for something to change into but it was harder than I thought it would be! Some of my tops were too pretty and my jeans were too skinny; I didn’t want to look like I was trying to impress him since he would hold it against me forever. I didn’t know where all my baggy jeans had gone but as soon as I found one there was no belt to hold them up. I definitely didn’t want to flash around him. The only other options were either a skirt or the shorts, I choose shorts of course. I walked to the bathroom to look at my outfit. I had a plain black top and jeans shorts on. He can’t hold this against me, it shows no effort at all.

All of a sudden, the door burst opened and standing there was shrimp. I instantly sneered at his pink face. “Have you never heard of knocking?! Get out!” I yelled at him but he barely flinched.

“Why are you getting all dressed up? Are you going out? If you are I’m telling Gina on you!” Gina was technically my legal guardian, the head of this household. I wish this kid would just chop off his big nose so it could stay out of my business!