Season 1 Chapter 2 : Second Dragon, Kanna!

Currently, Kobayashi, Shigeo, and Tohru were outside walking to the department store to get new ingredients.

Kobayashi : Good grief. Why did you completely burn our ingredients?

Tohru : Well, my apologies.

Kobayashi : Have more faith in the gas stove.

Tohru : I thought the heat wasn't strong enough.

Kobayashi : Use a flame, not a blaze. Your brain was the thing that wasn't strong enough. Shigeo, I thought you were watching her?

Shigeo : I was, but I had to go to the restroom.

As the three continue to walk Kobayashi realized that this was the first time going shopping with Tohru.

Kobayashi : ( That reminds me, this is my first time going shopping with Tohru, isn't it? Shigeo has went with her a couple times but doesn't really sat anything about it. I wonder what she's like when she's shopping. )

As they continued to walk, Shigeo and Tohru stop at the shopping district while Kobayashi continues to walk forward confusing Tohru.

Tohru : Huh?

Kobayashi : Huh?

Tohru : This is the shopping district.

Kobayashi : You don't use the department store over there?

Shigeo  : Tohru, doesn't like to go there because it make her uncomfortable since it looks like a castle.

Kobayashi : A castle?

Tohru : The white color reminds me of the crusader's bases.

Kobayashi : And the shopping district?

Tohru : It's like the guild's bazaars. It's a little better.

Kobayashi : So your standards are basically based on your past experience, huh? Well, let's start by buying the fish.

Tohru : Yup.

The three then head to a shop that was called "Toda Fresh Seafood" where there were various kinds of fish up for sale. The shop owner then recognizes Tohru and Shigeo as he greets them.

Toda : Oh hey, Tohru, Shigeo.

Tohru : Good afternoon, Mr. Toda.

Shigeo doesn't say anything and only bows to to greet him while Kobayashi looks at Shigeo and Tohru surprised.

Toda : I see you two often together but I see you're with someone new. Is she your guys' friend?

Shigeo  : She's my guardian.

Tohru : And my Master.

Toda looks at Tohru a bit confused while Kobayashi greeted Toda.

Kobayashi : H-Hello.

Toda : Tohru's funny, isn't she? We've got some good mackerel in today. How about it?

Tohru : In that case, I'll take two of those and two dried jack mackerel.

Toda : Coming up!

After the three finished buying fish they went on to the next shop.

Kobayashi : He gave us an extra fillet of mackerel.

Tohru : Wasn't that nice of him?

Kobayashi : Why are you friends with the fishmonger?

Tohru : Huh? We're not friends. When I was courteous to him he started being nice in return, that's all.