Celtic

Zahraun reaches for the human but she manages to jump out of his grasp, near tripping over the couch. She opened her mouth to scream but instead, she slammed hard into a firm large body. Two strong arms wrapped around her, lifting her off her feet, and spun her around in the air as he turned with her in his arms.

She jerked her head up and stared in shock at a frowning Bal-Khan. He look shocked as she did at seeing him after she'd run right into him. Bal-Khan expression changed from alarm to confusion. But he quickly moved the human behind him, blocking Zahraun's view.

Zahraun growled, menacingly.
The human jerked her head around to stared in horror at Zahraun showing teeth, looking furious.

"Hand her over." His vicious-looking eyes turned dark with rage, and fixed on the female.

Zahraun glares at Bal-Khan and spat each word, "Give. Me. The. Human."

A whimper escaped from the human. She realized that she was fisting Bal-Khan's chest coverings. She jerked her head back to stare up at him. "Please help me. Don't let him lock me up in his room. He changes when he is angry. I may not be able to calm him next time."

Zahraun moves forward, reaching out to grab the female, but before his hand could close over her arm, Bal-Khan spin away, yanking her off her feet again and nearly tossing her into the corner as he released her. The human hit the floor on her feet hard and stumbled into the wall. She was shocked that Bal-Khan had thrown her like that.

A vicious snarl sounded behind her. She turned around, keeping her back to the corner, to stare in horrified fascination at what was happening.

Bal-Khan had his back to her, just a feet in front of her, trapping her in the corner. He faced a very furious Zahraun, while blocking his way to her. The human took a while to register what was happening and I did too. Bal-Khan was protecting the female? He'd thrown her into the corner to put her in a safe location.

Zahraun was furious. He roared out in rage and punched Bal-Khan in the chest.

Bal-Khan stumbled backward but stood tall quickly. He hissed viciously and punched back. The scene was brutal. Both of my brother are similar in height, age, and rage. They punched each other repeatedly.

Shaking hard, the human turns to Cet-Khar for help, not noticing my presence on the other side of the room. She looked worried for my brothers.  She didn't want them to fight? Yautja females would have been thrilled and honored at such display of strength and power.

This behavior is undoubtedly trillions of years old.  It dates back to a time that the first primitive Yautjas where beginning to evolve.

Up to this day, the distribution of females is scarce. A lot of males are left without females during mating season.

The high ranking males attract enough females just because of their status. The males that are lower in rank fight for their females.

In this case however, Zahraun and Bal-Khan are the highest ranking hunters in our planet. Yet, they are fighting like savages over one tiny female.

The human's voice shook as she touched Cet-Khar's arm. "They will kill each other. Please make them stop." Cet-Khar says nothing, but looks at the place she is touching him, studying the gesture. Bal-Khan didn't even turn his head to look at her. "Shut up and be still, human. Things are under control."

Biting her lip, the female let her hand drop and backed up to press into the corner. She swallowed hard and kept quiet, as Bal-Khan had instructed.

Zahraun snarled. "Never touch her again. She is mine." My brother's impatience knew no bounds.