Bleeding Vodka

"Souvenir?" Corbyn chuckled, wiping the blood off the bullet on a clean towel

"I'll stitch him" Jack walked over, grabbing a needle and some thread.

Corbyn walked out of the room, assuming to go check on Sophia, probably to fill her in on what happened.

Jonah propped himself up on his elbows as Jack coated the needle in vodka to make sure it was sterilized.

"Here" Jack chuckled, passing the bottle to Jonah.

"Wait, what?" Zach laughed as Jonah took multiple, large sips

"Oh shut up, like you didn't know" Jonah rolled his eyes before taking another sip

"Alright buddy, let's close you up before you start bleeding vodka" Jack chuckled, pushing Jonah to lay flat on his back.

Jonah grabbed back onto my hand, squeezing it tightly each time the needle went through his skin.

I couldn't watch, it was too disgusting for me to even look at, so I kept my focus on Jonah's face. He must've sensed me looking at him because he soon locked eyes with mine.

I took in all his features as a small smile formed on my lips. His skin was slightly dirty from whatever they were doing prior to him getting shot. His eyes were glossy, but not from tears, they've always had a perfect shine. His bottom lip looked fuller, almost swollen, most likely from him biting it to hold back a groan or scream from getting shot. The stubble around his chin and his sharp jawline had me memorized.

I was so focused on his features, I didn't realize Jack was done until he pulled Jonah to sit up.

"Just don't fuck around with your left arm until you're healed and you should be fine" Jack threw away the extra string, giving Jonah a stern look

"Do you even know me, Jack?" Jonah chuckled, hopping off the counter top

"Yes, that's why I'm telling you not to fuck around. You were shot dude, take it seriously" Jack argued back

"It's not the first time I've been shot, Jack"

"Wait, what?" I interrupted

"You guys can go, I'll clean the rest up later. I just need a cigarette"

Jonah did their handshake with Jack and Zach before they left out the front door. I watched as Jonah threw all the blood soaked towels into a garbage bag but took it out the back door instead of the front, where the garbage bins were.

I followed Jonah out to the backyard. He sat on one of the lounge chairs, pulling out his cigarettes and the engraved lighter. I sat down on the chair beside him, just watching him, hoping he'd break the silence by telling me what happened.

But he didn't.

"What happened?" I nervously bounced my leg as Jonah laid back into his chair

"One of our guys said he thought he saw Bunny go to her warehouse, so of course we went to check it out. Turns out a crew was already storming the place so we ended up in a shoot out. I saw Erin hiding behind a few crates so I figured she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time" Jonah shrugged his shoulder then let out a low hiss in pain

"Then she shot you?"

"No, it was her crew that was storming the place. We killed all her men, so it was only her left. I was trying to show some mercy and was going to let her walk, then she fucking shot me"

I could feel the anger radiate off of Jonah. He didn't show mercy, obviously, look at what happened to Daniel. I understood that he was probably more angry at himself than anyone else.

I got up off my chair, taking the two steps to get over to Jonah. I climbed on top of him, straddling his waist. His eyes studied me as he took a drag of his cigarette.

"I love you" I whispered, laying my chest down on his, resting my head just under his chin.

"I love you too doll face, never doubt that"

*

"I knew he killed-"

"Stop interrupting, holy shit"