Putting his bag down he took out the jar of dragonsbane. "Andre?" Gabe asked with trepidation. "Are you going to release that?"

"No," he replied. "Not yet. I'm going to set it in place to trigger when we need it." With that he closed his eyes and reached out to touch all the elements. With access to the spirit, he transferred the jar into that realm then merged it into the center of the outflow pipe into the city.

His will held it there, only needing him to let it go for the jar to drop and break. Once released the flow of air would carry the dragonsbane into the city and poison them all. The concentration wouldn't be fatal, but it'd leech them of their abilities, making them easy pickings.

"Come on, lets go." Andre said as he turned to leave. They closed the door behind them and he led them on.

Maybe there had been some trigger in the room but as they turned the next corner they cane across a squad of dragon guards. They attacked. Their shift was effortless, quick and they soon towered over Andre and his friends.

Not wanting to chance any of them on the dragons, Andre took out the syringe and released some of the liquid in front of the dragons, calling upon the air to blow it in their direction.  Andre had never heard of how the dragonsbane was supposed to affect the dragons.

He'd thought it'd be like wolfsbane was for werewolves, cause a rash and immediately reverse the shift. After all, the concentration wasn't that high. He was wrong. Yes, the dragons were forcefully taken from their shift, then they fell onto the ground wheezing. Convulsions hit them all, their bodies smacking hard against the ground as they formed at the mouth.

Andre swore. This was more than should've happened, he didn't want to kill the dragons unless it proved necessary. As he took a step towards them he heard footsteps as more dragons, he straightened. 

"Stop!" Andre commanded and the power in his voice was such that the as yet unseen dragons heeded him. "Shield yourselves and come forth."

Wary, the dragons inched forward turning the corner with weapons at the ready. They took in the scene with that quick, cursory seeming once over that trained warriors were good at. Andre could see a film of power pushing forward before the squad of eight. It was something every warrior was taught. A way to filter the air before them of any toxins known or unknown.

All of the dragons growled as they sensed Andre and his people were not dragons. "Wolves." One of them spat out as if it were a curse.

"The wolf actually." Andre replied with all the arrogance he could muster which seemed to give the dragons pause.

Andre had been taught from birth about the power inherent in authority. He didn't have to be the most powerful being in the room, he just had to have the most authority and they'd bend to him. His tone conveyed that authority and these warriors were trained to heed it. 

"It doesn't matter who you are. No outsider is welcome here on point of death." the same warrior stated, Andre assumed he was the squad leader.

He looked down at the now twitching dragons on the ground. Though their breathing was harsh and they were still unconscious it appeared they'd be fine. "Your friends here thought the same." Andre stated with a callousness that he was far from feeling. "Would you like to join them while I wait for a more sensible squad to come along?"