Chapter 13:Contract(2).

Start from the beginning

❝Nothing yet. Let's see what others plans she has.❞Zhia Xiang said and laughed.

Huang Lan laid on his bed. He made a good choice choosing Lu Fao as his fake wife.

News about how caring and sweet Huang Lan is to his wife were all over the internet.

The next days passed with Zhia Xiang enjoying the rich life.

❝It's so relaxing, ha~. ❞ Zhia Xiang said relaxing her body in the pool.

Huang Lan arrived home and noticed the woman in the water.

❝I'm back. ❞ He said without thinking.

Zhia Xiang opened her eyes and looked at him.

❝Welcome back. How was it? ❞

❝I got the role. ❞Huang Lan said and brushed his hand through his black silky hair.

❝Congratulations. ❞ Zhia Xiang said shortly and continued her chilling in the pool.

Huang Lan remained in the same spot looking at her back. He felt disappointed for a reason.

❝Let's celebrate. ❞ He proposed hoping she'll agree.

Huang Lan was taken by surprise by his question. Why he asked that?

He fell deep in thought. Zhia Xiang was holding back a laugh.

Don't tell me he's starting to like me... I just want to pass this year peaceful. ❞

❝I'm sorry, I don't feel like doing anything besides laying in this pool. ❞ she quickly refused.

Huang Lan was taken aback by her refuse, but said nothing and left.

Zhia Xiang continued to mind her bussines.

❝When you'll start the second task? ❞agent 0 asked.

❝Remind me, didn't I got as reward a scroll that once read will teach me a tone of food recipes and cooking stuff? ❞Zhia Xiang asked.

❝You did. ❞

❝I'll use that then. The rest should be easy, we're barely a week in this world. ❞

❝You're right. I'll shut up. ❞

Zhia Xiang pat agent 0's head.

❝Please don't treat me like a pet, subject #654. ❞

❝But you're a cat. ❞

❝I'm not. ❞

❝Ay, alright. ❞Zhia Xiang said and retracted her head.

Huang Lan changed in casual clothes and found himself looking out of the window.

He saw the pool and the woman relaxing and having no worries.

Zhia Xiang felt eyes on her so she turned around and met his eyes.

Huang Lan was startled by her and closed the curtains.

Ring Ring

Zhia Xiang got out of the pool and answered her phone.

❝I finally got a hold of you! Don't you think your break was enough? It's time to get back on the screens! ❞ an angry woman said.

❝Oops, I was preoccupied with my husband. ❞Zhia Xiang lied.

❝You must have a lot of fun, but there's a project perfect for you. ❞

❝Tell me about it. ❞Zhia Xiang said and sat down sipping from her cocktail.

❝It's a new movie adaptation for a popular book called "Vicious" about a evil witch that attracts the attention of a noble knight. He wants to change the witch's evil ways and asks her to live with him for 6 months. If he doesn't manage to change her and win her love in that time, she's free to leave. The witch accepts the deal and they begin to live together. The knight becomes more and more infatuated with the enchanting woman while the witch begins to open up to him. The end is quite tragic, the witch finds out the knight's father is the one who massacred her clan and they fight resulting in both their deaths. ❞ the woman explained fast leaving her out of breath.

❝Oh? ~ Sounds interesting. ❞ Zhia Xiang said.

❝Your looks are perfect for the female lead. The male lead will be the one and only Cheng Zixuan. ❞ the manager explained excited.

Zhai Xiang searched her memories and found out Zixuan is number 2 most handsome and rich actor. He's a extremely charming man.

❝I accept then.❞ Zhia Xiang said smiling.

❝Really!?Thank gods! I'll call the director and I'll send you an message to meet up for a meeting. ❞

❝Thank you, bye bye. ❞ Zhia Xiang said and went inside the house.

Huang Lan got out of shower and decided to have a cold drink while being in his underwear.

❝You received good news? ❞Huang Lan asked noticing the smile on the woman's face.

❝Yes, my manager found work for me. ❞

❝Oh? Congratulations! What's it about? ❞Huang Lan asked pouring himself fresh orange juice.

❝A movie adaptation for a book called "Vicious". Yuze told me about the story and I found it interesting so I agreed. ❞

Huang Lan stopped drinking the juice.

❝I've read the book...❞ he said frowning.

❝And? Did you liked it? I plan on reading it soon. ❞

❝Who's the male lead? ❞Huang Lan asked looking in Zhia Xiang's eyes with a glint of irritation.

❝Cheng Zixuan. Why? ❞

Huang Lan placed the cup on the table a little too aggressive.

❝Vicious has a lot of erotic scenes. ❞ He managed to say.

Zhia Xiang almost broke into laugher, but kept calm.

❝I'm a pro so there is no worries. ❞ Zhia Xiang said and poured herself a cup of juice.

Huang Lan watched her moves with a frown. He felt angry and that irritated him even more.

Zhia Xiang drank the juice and went to her room where he laughed.

❝Was he jealous? That I'll have erotic scenes with another man? I can't believe that idiot. ❞Zhia Xiang laughed.

She searched the book and ordered one so she can familiarize herself with the role.