Tommy remembered how three years ago, he didn't even know how to ride them, and now it was his go-to shoes.

The wheels and rocket boosts were retractable now, they locked into a pocket in the shoes at just a push of a button.

No one would even know they were rollerskates.

Now that wasn't the only thing Tubbo was able to fix from long ago.

Not only had he lengthened the battery time of Tommy's color-changing contacts, but he added an artificial intelligence microchip into the corner of his contacts.

Now, this had to be one of Tubbo's most poggest inventions, right behind the confidential one he'd been working on from even before Tommy came to the academy.

With two blinks, they whirred.

His contacts had built-in cameras, and the small microchip had a built-in software, connected to the academy's database. The software could examine anything, searching the object or person in the database and giving him as much information that they have on it, displayed right in front of him.

All in the blink of an eye.

Or technically, two blinks of an eye.

Or if we're being extra specific, it was two winks of an eye.

Because Tommy didn't quite have a left eye anymore.

Now you see, it was a really funny story.

Back when Tommy was thirteen, Dream had gone off on an assassin mission, in a different country.

And Tommy, poor little Tommy who had attachment issues, sort of... snuck on the helicopter Dream was going to take to the other country.

And Dream hadn't realized until he reached the hotel room he was staying at.

You can imagine how distraught Dream was, seeing his thirteen-year-old 'little brother' all the way in a brand new country Dream only had done little research on, instead of back home at the academy.

"Tommy? TOMMY? What the HELL?" Dream brought his hands to his face, in both confusion and worry.

"Dream!" Tommy smiled, wrapping Dream in a hug. "Hello! I wasn't sure how long you would be gone so I came with you :D"

Dream looked at Tommy's so adorably happy face and let out a string of curses.

"Uh, okay.. that's... okay. Okay, so... okay wait-"

"Can you take me with you? To your super epic mission?" Tommy begged.

Dream groaned, trying to look everywhere except Tommy's face.

Then he gave in.

"Okay fine. Fine, okay, fine but you must follow my lead, don't stray away from me, stay hidden, avoid getting hurt, and don't kill anyone unnecessarily. Did you bring your weapons at least?"

Tommy smiled up at him innocently, but shook his head no.

Dream threw his head into his hands again, before running a hand through his hair.

"Okay again, okay fine, that's fine, everything's fine, okay I'll give you one of my guns, wait but you don't know how to use them, wait, fine, okay... wait-"

"I have my gloves" Tommy offered. "The ones that shoot lazers?"

Dream sighed in relief. "Okay cool, cool, great! Yes, great, good this is good, yes, okay, cool. You do that. And follow what I told you, okay?"