chapter xii

⊱⊱ ── {◆✧◦ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ◦✧◆} ── ⊰⊰

Tommy did not fancy Tubbo's roller skates invention.

At all.

Tommy didn't know how to ride rollerskates, let alone rollerskates with ROCKET BOOSTERS?

But they were running incredibly late, so Tommy hesitantly strapped on the buckles of the shoes.

According to Tubbo, if you leaned back on your heel, the rockets turn on, and the farther you lean back, the quicker you go.

Tommy tried to stand up to test it.

And then immediately fell down.

After a few more attempts of gaining balance, he finally was able to stand up and not fall.

Now he just needed to figure out how to move.

Sneaking out was relatively easy.

Ranboo Tubbo and Tommy just left through the doors and no one questioned it.

He did get a questioning look from a guard when he fell flat on his face.

The kind man helped him up, then told him if he ever lost balance, just bring his knees together and he won't fall too hard.

Tommy was not feeling confident.

If he thought rollerskating inside the academy's smooth floors was difficult, imagine his face when he looked at the forest ground.

"Maybe this isn't worth it, haha we can just watch it from home" Tommy had tried, receiving a cold no from both the teens.

Maybe he shouldn't have upsold sneaking out too much.

Tommy leaned on Ranboo for support, who in return, practically dragged him through the forest the entirety of the trip.

It's okay though, because once the forest started to clear up, and the castle grounds started to become more familiar, Tommy had to hold back both a smile and a terrified glance.

A light squeeze of encouragement on his shoulder from Tubbo, and they skated (well Tubbo and Ranboo skated & Tommy tried) towards the town centre, in front of the castle.

Rather late, but not enough do as they missed anything important.

Tommy noticed Phil immediately, standing on the balcony reciting bullshit Tommy'd been forced to learn ever since they decided to make him King.

He had half a mind to mock Phil but stayed quiet as to not alert attention to himself.

He made eye contact with the person standing next to Phil, with something almost registered as pure hatred in his eyes.

He didn't blame Wilbur, none of us wanted to be the Emperor anyways.

He shuddered, quickly remembering that it would have been him up there suffering, had he not run away.

He watched as Wilbur's gaze softened into something of curiosity, mixed with slight terror.

He looked towards Ranboo and covered a small giggle, realizing Ranboo brought his gun for protection.

Tommy had half a mind to wave at Wilbur, but he didn't know what length of normality his disguise went and he didn't want Wilbur picking up on his identity.

Tommy could vividly remember when the harsh recognition in Wilbur's face clicked, and Tommy turned to Tubbo in fear.

Tubbo returned the fear, but for a different reason.