Stay

It has been a few months since you two started dating, and ever since then, Whitebeard sent you and Ace on missions together all the time, because whenever you two were apart, you were sad and he was grumpy.

This relationship helped each other to heal. He didn't feel like a monster anymore, and even though it was hard to fight those thoughts sometimes, he felt like he was worth of receiving love. Meanwhile, you weren't afraid of abandonment anymore, you felt love and affection.

The next week the Moby Dick docked at an island, so you went shopping with Ace. While walking around, you passed in front of a small chapel, only to see a young couple getting married. You didn't think about getting married anytime soon. But that scene made you smile, and you couldn't help thinking you and Ace would look cute like that.

— You know...— your boyfriend whispered from behind you, kissing your head. — Someday it might be us.

— Oh yes? — you blushed, was he really thinking about marrying you someday?

— Yes. I'll be looking at you walking down the aisle thinking how beautiful you look.

— And are you going to wear a shirt? — you giggled.

— I will, but can I leave the hat on? — he pouted.

— Agreed.

Later that evening, you were on the deck with some of the guys. Teach was really close to you, giving you an uneasy feeling. You always felt so uncomfortable next to him for no reason, so you just held your boyfriend tighter.

— Hey, guys, look at what I found. — Thatch said, holding something that you couldn't figure what it was from far.

— Wow, is that a devil fruit? — the freckled boy asked.

— I think so, but I don't know the type yet. But it's pretty cool, right? — he was smiling and seemed very excited.

The rule of the ship about devil fruits was simple: whoever found a devil fruit could keep it and eat it. And that's what Thatch planned on doing. Maybe he ate it, maybe not.

To be honest, no one knows what actually happened.

It was very early, and you were sleeping soundly with your head on Ace's chest, his arms around your figure holding you tight. You don't understand how you were able to sleep so comfortably before him, without his warmth. Having a human heather as a boyfriend was amazing on colder mornings.

A commotion outside woke the two of you up, but you didn't think much of it. Maybe some men were fighting, or every partying. Who knows?

— What is going on? — you asked with your sleepy voice before yawning. — Are they fighting already?

— I don't know. — his husky voice, the voice you always loved to hear after waking up, replied. — It's too early for that, I'm sure they'll stop soon.