Celebrations and Confessions

It has been a few months since Ace joined the crew, and he showed how strong he was, not just because of his devil fruit. Maybe it was his nature; he was a powerful man already.

Whitebeard was in his room, and you knocked on his door. You and some guys of the crew had an idea in mind, but you needed your captain's opinion and approval. You didn't need to ask twice, he agreed right away. So of course, you wanted to tell Ace the news.

ꟷ Fire boy! ꟷ you said, smiling and running towards his direction. He was sitting on the deck next to some members of the crew. ꟷ Can I talk to you?

ꟷ Yes, of course. ꟷ he replied, walking away from the others and going to another part of the ship.

While you two left, some of the guys were giggling, saying "hmm" in a suggestive tone, getting you and Ace flustered. Occasionally people asked if you two were dating already, but they never got a reply. You just changed the subject or rolled your eyes.

ꟷ I have an offer... ꟷ you started, sounding excited already. ꟷ Feel free to decline, but everyone would be very happy if you said "yes".

He raised an eyebrow, having no idea of what you were talking about.

ꟷ Me and the guys were talking, and yes, I spoke to pops already, so we decided you could perfectly be the second division commander! Please, please, say yes. ꟷ you held your hands together as if in a prayer, trying to make the best puppy eyes.

ꟷ Second division commander? But there's other guys who have been here longer than I have. ꟷ he seemed surprised. ꟷ Like Teach. Don't you think he'll be upset?

ꟷ Teach? I don't care about him, he gives me the creeps. And I'm sure the others won't mind! Think about it, please?

ꟷ I... I'll talk to him, and pops too. But I'll think about it. ꟷ he smiled, holding and kissing your hands, catching you off guard. That was something he never did before. ꟷ Thank you.

He talked to Teach, and apparently, he didn't mind, claiming he didn't have this kind of ambition. Then he went to talk to Newgate. He didn't tell you what he wanted to talk about, but he was in the captain's room for a long time.

When Ace left the room, he went to talk to you right away, telling you he decided to accept the offer.

Happy for his decision, you hugged him without even thinking. Something you never did before, but instead of being surprised or pushing you, he held you even closer, being able to smell your skin, your soft hair and feel your warmth.

You wish you could pause and enjoy this moment forever. He felt warm, and his embrace felt like peace.

It felt like a puzzle piece you finally found, and it fit perfectly.

ꟷ You're finally together? ꟷ Thatch asked, interrupting the beautiful and calm moment.

You tried to find something to throw at your friend, but he ran before that.

Of course, every little event required a party. So as usual, there was an especial feast to celebrate the new second division commander. He was shy until Marco encouraged him to eat as much as he wanted. Suddenly his narcolepsy kicked in.